Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
His determination excites me.

Players who have talent, which he does, who also want to work as hard as they can, generally make it.

I can remember another full forward who had talent, and he had to work as hard as he could to show us what he had to offer. From memory, and records, he went OK, Could ML be the new JD?:think:

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has been said somewhere on here but I think it was some clever marketing thing, a play on names and numbers at the time of his recruitment Sam Mitchell (5) plus Taz Lewis (3) equals Mitchell-Lewis (8).
Waiting for him to become a star then Mitchell (Hodge) Lewis can claim the 15. Just joking.;)

Maybe instead of giving him 15, they just add that to his number 8.

8 + 15 = ...??

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His determination excites me.

Players who have talent, which he does, who also want to work as hard as they can, generally make it.
This. Exactly this. The lad wants it bad and is working incredibly hard to make it happen. Will surprise some this year but you would have to be incredibly optimistic to think he will lead the forward line this year. A year or two away from that which sort of works well given this is the last year for roughy you would think.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
This. Exactly this. The lad wants it bad and is working incredibly hard to make it happen. Will surprise some this year but you would have to be incredibly optimistic to think he will lead the forward line this year. A year or two away from that which sort of works well given this is the last year for roughy you would think.

Agreed, but would not mind us resting the rucks as FF and seeing Rough pinch hit in the middle and this up forward:

FF: Lewis - McEvoy - Puopolo
HF: Breust - Gunston - Wingard

He's a player I'm trying not to think about too much when thinking about the future of our forward line. Not because I don't rate him or anything like that. I just think with the shoes he's going to be trying to fill it's easy for us to get carried away expecting a key forward who can rival what we've had in Buddy and Roughy. If he bursts onto the scene at some point I can be pleasantly surprised, but otherwise I don't want to find myself getting frustrated that a pick 76 didn't make it as the number 1 KPF at Hawthorn.

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I know ML is flavour of the month atm, but Tim O'Brien would have taken that mark.

Unimpeded run, floating across the front of the (stationary) pack. It was a good mark, but far less impressive than one a little later when he marked under actual direct physical pressure.

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Unimpeded run, floating across the front of the (stationary) pack. It was a good mark, but far less impressive than one a little later when he marked under actual direct physical pressure.

Sad but true, no-one went with him at all in this contest.

If he'd taken that with Rance hanging off him, it's another thing entirely.

But he basically got the sit on a couple of guys parked under the pill, with no-one attempting to block or spoil.

Yeah Mitch has some attributes to work with, but he still has a number of things to work at before he'll become a factor at AFL level.
Sad but true, no-one went with him at all in this contest.

If he'd taken that with Rance hanging off him, it's another thing entirely.

But he basically got the sit on a couple of guys parked under the pill, with no-one attempting to block or spoil.

True, but given that the only 3 players on our list that currently seem capable of taking a contested mark are McEvoy, Sicily and Stratton, and two of those only while in defence, it's probably not as much of a factor.

I know ML is flavour of the month atm, but Tim O'Brien would have taken that mark.

Yeah if you take the mark in isolation - but the mark is more than that, it's the build up and the decision to fly for it.

It was a very good one grab pack mark, and the decision to fly was the right one.

Just one game so far in 2019. His numbers as good as many more fancied CHFs

Lynch Hawkins weiddeman

Early days, but top value
Can you populate some numbers into a reply & show us, please?

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Can you populate some numbers into a reply & show us, please?

Mitchell Lewis had 14 disposals, 4 marks and kicked 1.1.
J. Lewis had 13 disposals 3 marks and a brass razoo.
S. Mitchell failed to coach our midfield to a win and had zero disposals but he's back with us for free, Though it is arguable we are missing 3 of our best midfielders and Worpel is about three years in front of his development curve in less than 6 months of him training him. But that still does not add up to even one official AFL disposal or more importantly fantasy point in fantasy football. He was terrible on the numbers someone would think he'd retired or something like that.

Therefore we are... based on last week alone and absolutely nothing b4 or after... well we are Teia Miles in front on the numbers as well as the fantasy numbers on this Rnd 5 2019 superstar.

As for those fancied CHF's? Lynch rarely plays there and almost not at all at Richmond (their gameplan doesn't allow it), Hawkins never has and Weiddeman is just an overrated TOB who apparently was on the ground tonight during the game. At least we see TOB stuff up near the ball. So he's got them covered too as none of their stats were at CHF.

But we should just get back to the real numbers that matter Rnd five total Stats: Mitchell Lewis V the blokes whose surnames end with Mitchell and Lewis, he replaced and well he killed it.

Back