Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His effort was a highlight from Monday’s game. He won and halved most of the contests he was involved in, in the air and on the ground. More of that this week please.

Very impressed. Could have ended up with more than one major had his kicks been a bit straighter too (to be fair, both shots he took from marks were from massive angles). Follow up efforts were great.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
I thought while he didnt star, Probably not ready yet, He did a LOT of small things which coaches love.

That alone i have him in the side over Nash. Second efforts were huge. Feel like you will never die wondering with this guy

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looked pretty good against the handbaggers, showed us all glimpses and done quite a few good things.

That hardball get and dish off to Smith was a great effort for a player of his size and inexperience.

Looking forward to watching him develop and can see him definitely making it.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rough has his own thread. I don’t think it is an accident that ML is hanging around in this team at the same time that Rough was dropped.

So much of the news now is about Rough but another story is that ML is here - and might be here to stay. In fact, if Rough comes back it might have more to do with ML than it has to do with Rough showing some form in the twos.

No one wants to celebrate Rough being dropped - but I think we can celebrate that ML is being given a bit of faith by Clarko’s big move.

I’m really interested to see how Hodgey responds this weekend

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn

fieval

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If he is available give the kid the rest of the season (he will be good, he will be bad... stick with him !)
Could be a pivotal moment...

Last edited:

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would love for him to play the remainder of the season - perhaps including a week off every now and then pending form; at his stage of development, being dropped for a week is probably a good thing.

Kid has talent. Couple of nice contested marks last week, and not paid a clear chest mark on the lead as well. Coming in to his own.
Needs another 15 games into him so just keep playing him

4 contested marks is not a couple. ;)

It would’ve been 5 contested marks had the umpire paid the one he didn’t pay which Lewis clearly held it long enough.

Hawks1994

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Love when he leads up at the ball carrier, if not to take the mark but at least impact the contest. Keep doing that and he will get more and more opportunities to kick goals

That old fashioned power forward role seems to be his go

Back