Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Has taken better marks than naughton,and when he gains some consistency we will have the best tall forward in the game

Yikes, maybe a bit of a stretch at this point. Naughton’s pack mark last week was incredible. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sold on Hodgey, but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Today would've been a huge confidence builder for Mitch. Davis is no mug and Lewis more than held his own. Took some great grabs, competed in everything and got on the scoreboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
His kicking for goal seems a lot more natural and how he would kick at Box Hill first few weeks he looked a little nervous seems to be settling in nicely. 13th in the league for average contested marks! but what I liek most is his follow up work to provide pressure.

He's opening the door slowly but steadily, and it honestly looks like he's now just maybe 3-12 months away from truly 'arriving'. There's bit of J. Brown about his hands and movement too. Bloody exciting.

Last edited:
We've had somewhat of a procession of potential key forwards that haven't really panned out for us in the last 10 years or so, from Thorp to Schoey to O'Brien, it's about time we nailed one. I have immense optimism about the new Mitch.
Non of the players you mention ever dominated the VFL like Mitch did last year nor did they ever show the contest ability at AFL level.

Two young KFs played yesterday ... one the AFL already speaks of in glowing terms
Ratugilea 7disp /1mark/1tackle
The other has barely rated a mention ..
Lewis 12disp/ 7marks /1tackle / 1.2 score

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to love his contested marking and seeing his confidence grow as his got more into the game.
Love watching the development of the young fellas. Cant wait to see what he might become after another 40 games this year and next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back