Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, he has had the same procedure done back in 2017.

So yes it’s not ideal but we have seen by the way he has played this year and kicking a bunch of goals last year in the VFL that Mitch is more then capable to bounce back better then ever.

Just relax and have faith in club that they know what they’re doing.

Loads of faith in the club to get him right, however a shoulder reconstruction is extremely serious. Especially a second one so early on.

HODGEYROAD makes sense. Fingers crossed on this, it could be a massive long term blow. Not so much Lewis returning, but the risk of future tweaks.

KOLOKOTRONIS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Loads of faith in the club to get him right, however a shoulder reconstruction is extremely serious. Especially a second one so early on.

HODGEYROAD makes sense. Fingers crossed on this, it could be a massive long term blow. Not so much Lewis returning, but the risk of future tweaks.

KOLOKOTRONIS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks for that bit of insight.

It will be up to O'Brien to kick all the goals next season🙂

Well, we don’t know the degree of damage in the shoulder and which tissues. It could be seriously torn up in there or it could be borderline and the club wants a cleanup rather than battling the complaint all year and then a bigger surgery in 12 months time.

Unless that’s been stated somewhere and I haven’t seen it? Otherwise I’m happy to assume he’ll be full steam ahead next year.

No ideal?
Shoulder reconstruction is a ******* disaster for a KP forward!

Once upon a time maybe. They're a lot better managed now than they were previously.

Ultimately his shoulder was strapped for most of the year leading up to the injury actually happening so there was an inherent weakness in the joint that was going to crop up at some point or another. It's fortunate for him and us that it happened where it can be sorted over an off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ideal?
Shoulder reconstruction is a ******* disaster for a KP forward!
Boyd said he was having his shoulder tightened up in the BUPA.

Depending on what they are doing it can be a pretty minor procedure, shoulder reco is a bit of catch all name

Hands up if you've had one?
But not too high of course, because at my age after shoulder work the other complications set in and i can barely get my arm above my head.
It isnt a good thing.

Hands up if you've had one?
But not too high of course, because at my age after shoulder work the other complications set in and i can barely get my arm above my head.
It isnt a good thing.

Sorry to hear that.

Shoulder recos have produced some bad results over my time watching footy. Some players never seem to recover and struggle getting their hands above their head, but they are more chronic cases like Carey and Nick Holland. Naturally you are going to quickly remember the bad outcomes more than the many that have had them without any problems and go under the radar. I also think they must have improved a lot over the last 10 years, like most surgeries. I think we can be optimistic and the bigger concern being if it becomes a recurring injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back