Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

His shoulder injury took a bit of confidence out of him and made him second guess the full contact of a marking situation.

He’s got full confidence in his size and strength again, and it shows.

The Bob Murphy article a few years back put a lot into perspective of how important having a healthy body is for a players individual confidence/form.

Yep as expected, although I can’t find my comment. It must’ve been deleted or I must of I don’t remember 😂

But yeah good to sign the big fella up on a 4 year deal and I’d suspect it’s on elite coin.

👏

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic news! 2 years would've taken him to free agency, so we have done great and makes our club look like a good place to move to for free agents.

He deserves elite coin as well. There are barely 5 players in the AFL with his age profile as a high-end power forward in the whole competition. He is way better than many high end draft picks for that position. The King brothers are the only ones at his level for his age.

Really devastating news for the 'club is doomed' brigade.

Jokes aside - fantastic news. There's a few clubs that could absolutely use a good developing KPF and I can only imagine there would have been clubs in his agent's ear. 4 year deal is a really positive for both Lewis and the club.

Originally a great pick just for the lulz - now becoming quite the imposing target up forward and isn't close to his best yet. Don't want to set the bar too high for the kid but throughout this deal he will be one of the best 5 players in his position for mine, if not top 3 - absolutely wrapped he is locked in.

Worth noting that if he'd not been injured and kept his goal scoring average in tact across all games played then he would be running 3rd in the Coleman right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back