Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : MSD Pick 12, Brandon Ryan, debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought one of the commentators nailed it when he mentioned that having Ryan up there has not only benefited Lewis who was allowed to roam up to CHF and back but also Kosi. Having Ryan there has allowed Kosi to sometimes get the shorter of weaker defender.
My thoughts exactly, his best games were playing with Lewis and Tim O'Brien or Gunners. Almost every team in the competition field three players who can match up on Kosi, alone with Lewis he's so limited but also is the sort of player who is always going to do the team thing when required over going for the ball himself - like drawing his opponent out of Lewis' way.

If he can add a few kilos to the upper body I think he’ll have a good year next year.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a 25yr old with such an underdeveloped frame, and it’s a credit to him that he’s as dangerous as he is with string for arms.

Could be a surprise packet in 2024.

If he can add a few kilos to the upper body I think he’ll have a good year next year.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a 25yr old with such an underdeveloped frame, and it’s a credit to him that he’s as dangerous as he is with string for arms.

Could be a surprise packet in 2024.
Needs a big pre season he will probably be giving Reeves a run for his money in the fitness stakes this summer

Is there any hope he can learn to ruck well enough to be a forward slash second ruck?
If he could, he becomes so much more valuable.
He is SLOW for a pure forward but as a back up ruck would be a serious aerial threat in the F50.

Too slight? No Tank?

He reminds me of the Big O in the way he moves.

Is there any hope he can learn to ruck well enough to be a forward slash second ruck?
If he could, he becomes so much more valuable.
He is SLOW for a pure forward but as a back up ruck would be a serious aerial threat in the F50.

Too slight? No Tank?

He reminds me of the Big O in the way he moves.
Not the original Big O I hope. Roy Orbison!

I keep thinking he is way too old, and then I remember that James Podsiadly was drafted at 28 years old and ended up playing 104 games and kicked 195 goals.

I think there is huge potential to be a solid medium-long term player should everything go his way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our best game of the year coincided with Ryan looking so dangerous in his second afl game with 3 goals. We looked a completely different side and were finally able to structure up right up forward. We looked Dangerous in the air and Breust was crumbing everything that wasn’t marked.

We will push for finals next year if we can get full seasons out of Lewis + Ryan and Kozi/ Rama playing the 3rd tall and second ruck.

We don’t need Ryan to be a world beater. Just grab 10 pos a match with a handful of marks averaging 2 goals a game and the result that would have in freeing up Lewis would benefit the team so much. Throw in Breust and the Wiz at their feet and all of a sudden our forward line would look half dangerous.

Big pre season coming up for all of our talls!

Our best game of the year coincided with Ryan looking so dangerous in his second afl game with 3 goals. We looked a completely different side and were finally able to structure up right up forward. We looked Dangerous in the air and Breust was crumbing everything that wasn’t marked.

We will push for finals next year if we can get full seasons out of Lewis + Ryan and Kozi/ Rama playing the 3rd tall and second ruck.

We don’t need Ryan to be a world beater. Just grab 10 pos a match with a handful of marks averaging 2 goals a game and the result that would have in freeing up Lewis would benefit the team so much. Throw in Breust and the Wiz at their feet and all of a sudden our forward line would look half dangerous.

Big pre season coming up for all of our talls!
Agree but a 2 goal a game forward is one of the best in the comp, he would be a world beater if it panned out like that

Agree but a 2 goal a game forward is one of the best in the comp, he would be a world beater if it panned out like that
He basically kicked 2 goals a game in his sample size, I’m not counting the last game as he shouldn’t have been out there. Playing as a Full Forward I don’t think it is too much to ask.

He basically kicked 2 goals a game in his sample size, I’m not counting the last game as he shouldn’t have been out there. Playing as a Full Forward I don’t think it is too much to ask.
Across a whole year that is elite, it would be a huge ask, verging on top 10 average - will be interesting once he builds core strength. Huge upside in a professional system.

Would be around Hawkins, Henry, Hipwood from a mid season season pick would be pretty special - still think he has a lot of work to do but the 2 goal average is very high and I would temper expectations as he develops

May as well grow 6 inches, whilst he's at it.

I've seen some pills advertised for that browsing Bigfooty.

I'll send the footy club a link.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back