Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : MSD Pick 3, Clay Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a left handed ruckman which is a point of difference.

Good luck Clay. Just temper the old man, please

EDIT - he might be a dual handed ruckman
I could have sworn I saw him tap with his left hand on the weekend and looked so natural, and yet all of the highlights show him tapping with the right

Last edited:
He is a left handed ruckman which is a point of difference.

Good luck Clay. Just temper the old man, please

EDIT - he might be a dual handed ruckman
I could have sworn I saw him tap with his left hand on the weekend and looked so natural, and yet all of the highlights show him tapping with the right
I prefer right handed ruckman. Lefties increase ruck injuries IMO without any stats to back it up it’s just a 50/50 as to whether it’s our ruck or theirs

Interesting selection - likely that Max Lynch will be elsewhere next year.

A lot of talls on our list - will one of them step up as a key defender (our biggest weakness) - Ramsden or Ryan, or otherwise Jeka, who’s games as a key defender and elite kick have been good.

I smell a bit of innovation coming up from Sam.

Because rucks are often late developers, the MSD is the perfect forum for picking potential rather than the national draft where we're trying to pan for more obvious gold. Well done recruiters, looks like we've got a couple of likely prospects that could be anything, who knows, which allows us to shop for onballers and KPPs later in the year. It’s now just a wait and see if Tucker and Ryan can take their opportunity with both hands and give it a red hot go.🤞

He comes to Hawthorn being the biggest bloke on every team only to have Ned Reeves say "welcome to the club, little fella."

204cm, 99kg, 09/8/2004

Started the weekend Box Hill game brilliantly with multiple taps to advantage and a few very smart handballs. Was one of our best in the first qtr but faded. For a 19 year old, the boy has serious ruck-craft. Kicks the ball well enough and can mark.

He reminds me of Oscar McInerney, but more handsome 🤪

Has all of the tools to be an AFL ruckman and I can see him becoming a reliable AFL ruck. Will need to work on his tank but that is OK.

A solid selection in the MSD.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back