Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Ned Long Pick 5, 2021 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Once Ned long catches up to Ward in the main side, I reckon they will be a deadly pairing in the midfield together, will know eachother games inside out and work together so well.

Actually, you make an interesting point. These 2 are best mates from young. May be my wild imagination but I feel Ward will push himself and his buddy Ned all the way. Great thing with Long is if makes it as a midfielder he's going to be a handful as a resting fwd. 194cm....sheesh.

I tend to agree though I was more referring to Harveys comment around him being included with Ward and McDonald pushing for a round one spot. Anyway, carry on buzz kill.
Sexy Cbs GIF by Paramount+

Did not look out of place last weekend.

I was very impressed by his game in particularly his follow up efforts. There was one piece of play in the 5th where he was involved 3 times in a row. I think he ended up giving away a free kick but his 2nd and 3rd efforts were outstanding. He was involved in a lot of other good moments as well.

I really like the look of this kid.

Im not completely sold. But he's a goer.

Could there be a Brodie Miochek style, unfashionable workhorse forward, there.
Same impression and hope here...

Really impressed with his game considering the minutes he received.

Even more staunch on him now, but I don't think we'll see much of him in the seniors. When we do, he will have absolutely earned it.

Him going head to head with Dusty was good to see- didn't shirk the challenge that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really impressed with his game considering the minutes he received.

Even more staunch on him now, but I don't think we'll see much of him in the seniors. When we do, he will have absolutely earned it.

Him going head to head with Dusty was good to see- didn't shirk the challenge that's for sure.
That missed tackle on dusty where he still managed to get a hand to the jumper was good to see, you just know he wants it

That missed tackle on dusty where he still managed to get a hand to the jumper was good to see, you just know he wants it
Yes.
And more than the tackle, he ran a long way to get there - maybe from HF..
He looks really hungry. I hope we give him a lot more game time.

For a kid who has been in the system for weeks he showed a hell of a lot. Dare I say it but more than all of our key forwards, plus he looks capable of applying pressure to lock the ball in.

Pretty sure I heard pre-season he did very well at the time trial which surprised a lot for a big man.

We've got nothing to lose playing him, apart from on field leadership from Gunston, he could take a block of games from Kosi, Lewis or even a small who has a poor run of games.

Big hope for Long is that he can up his athleticism/speed over 40m.

Am a massive fan of the kid, and I think if he can add some repeat burst/sprint speed he's going to go far.

Important to note that last year early on all the signs were that he was going to be a top 20 pick prior to his injury.

Was he more Mid or Fwd at underage? Great size for a young kid. And competitive.

Great stuff from Ned Long. Competitive is what you want. The outstanding attitude of some of these new recruits should be a kick in the behind to some of the Hawthorn players that have been there a bunch of years and look in cruise control. Pressure for spots makes a great side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back