Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Ned Reeves. Extends to 2026!

Best ruck the Hawks have ever had was Paul Salmon.

He was massive for us in some very ordinary teams.

I do like Reeves though, especially his sure hands overhead in marking contests.
Amazing that Fish made our Team of the Century despite only playing for 4 years.

Shows our lack of rucks for a long time (sorry Scotty)

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Salmon - recruit from another club.
Campbell - great warrior and servant of the club and premiership player but will never be mentioned amongst the greats of the craft.
Yeh no disrespect to Robbie who was a real warrior but The Big Fish was another level altogether.

I was at Monsash Uni when Salmon was playing at the Hawks and used to see the Hawks players in the uni gym (I think waverly was under renovation at the time) and being up close to him you got a real feeling for just how massive a unit he was.

Not just tall but built like an absolute tank.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Yeh no disrespect to Robbie who was a real warrior but The Big Fish was another level altogether.

I was at Monsash Uni when Salmon was playing at the Hawks and used to see the Hawks players in the uni gym (I think waverly was under renovation at the time) and being up close to him you got a real feeling for just how massive a unit he was.

Not just tall but built like an absolute tank.
Yep, massive unit. I've stood next to him a coupla times. I'm 6ft2 and 100kgs but I felt small next to him...

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Smart signing by both parties, Ned's value could really bloom by the end of the 2 year extension

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I love big Ned. He launches at the ball with timing you don’t normally see for someone his size, with a bit more size this will become even more noticeable.

Back