Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Ned Reeves. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

He played at Oakleigh Chargers for a couple of years. 2 hip surgeries limited his playing, Went to the draft combine and played in the young All-stars game (whatever it's called). Didn't get drafted.
Was picked up by Box Hill Hawks while his old man was still at Geelong. While at BHH he played some games at St Kevins including the premiership.
Then Hawthorn listed him over the summer and you know the rest.

The shoulder popped back in by itself. He'll have scans today but general consensus is that he will miss a bit of footy.

He played at Oakleigh Chargers for a couple of years. 2 hip surgeries limited his playing, Went to the draft combine and played in the young All-stars game (whatever it's called). Didn't get drafted.
Was picked up by Box Hill Hawks while his old man was still at Geelong. While at BHH he played some games at St Kevins including the premiership.
Then Hawthorn listed him over the summer and you know the rest.

The shoulder popped back in by itself. He'll have scans today but general consensus is that he will miss a bit of footy.
No surgery at this stage?

Does anyone have the background on how Ned was found?? Wasn't he playing ammos? did he pay under 18s? whoever was responsible needs a pay rise!
Nepotism wink wink

He played stkevins old boys I think for a bit and played Oakleigh U18.

We picked him up in a preseason SSP

It will depend on if there’s damage done to anything around the socket you’d think. When it goes right back in then sometimes you can get lucky with not much damage done but it clearly didn’t go back in straight away.
sven_inc might be able to tell us more, but I was wondering if the greater the difficulty in popping it back, the less tearing and damage to ligaments and tendon i.e it indicates the shoulder is still 'tight'*

*a fair chance I am talking through my arse...

sven_inc might be able to tell us more, but I was wondering if the greater the difficulty in popping it back, the less tearing and damage to ligaments and tendon i.e it indicates the shoulder is still 'tight'*

You're half right in the mother's tale way of being right, not so much scientifically.

A weaker shoulder joint, either through injury or hyper mobility will generally subluxate or dislocate more easily and also reset more easily. That said, a post above said the shoulder popped back in by itself, now it's just down to how much damage that initial dislocation did.

Can only talk from my own experience so ....

My right shoulder would regularly pop out after an initial dislocation when I was 17 . Would say 2-3 times a year and it got to point I was able to get it back in .
Would normally have a few days of pins and needles then it settled .
Occasionally would need a few weeks off for it to settle.
But it caused some damage everytime resulting it a reco followed by a 2nd reco after 10 years of getting it through .

My LHS was tighter, popped it out once . Couldnt get it in and had to get it reset in hospital .......that was a reco straight away .

At a guess if they are saying it went back in , I think he still misses some weeks.
Its decent trauma for the joint.

Thats a laymans explanation from my own experience

My right shoulder would regularly pop out after an initial dislocation when I was 17 . Would say 2-3 times a year and it got to point I was able to get it back in .
But it caused some damage everytime resulting it a reco followed by a 2nd reco after 10 years of getting it through .

My LHS was tighter, popped it out once . Couldnt get it in and had to get it reset in hospital .......that was a reco straight away .

At a guess if they are saying it went back in , I think he still misses some weeks.

The longer it takes to reduce the shoulder the more the ligaments are stretched. From reports Ned's shoulder reduced in a short time frame.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you do the proper rehab religiously to tighten everything up? Like any injury if you didn’t then this would heighten the chances of re-injury. Got to tighten everything thing around it.

What I loved about what happened was he was being blocked by Hawkins to free up his opponent and Frost covered for him while he covered Hawkins. Then they were swapping back and Reeves did extremely well to get there and put that spoil in. Awesome stuff by both of them then, really playing for eachother.

Did you do the proper rehab religiously to tighten everything up? Like any injury if you didn’t then this would heighten the chances of re-injury. Got to tighten everything thing around it.
Sure did , decent rehab programs too . Just a cr@ppy shoulder joint , all good now though .
More hardware than Bunnings in it🙂

Considering we won (at least) the first 6 clearances of the game and kicked three goals before Geelong touched it, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that if Reeves doesn't play the first quarter yesterday then Hawthorn probably lose.
Also fair to assume that we win by 300+ if he'd played the full game

A welcome return.

Built into the game after 6 weeks of zero footy at any level. Started to get rewards from his tap work late in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back