Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Ned Reeves. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah his hit outs to advantage percentage is very low.
Round 1 26 hitouts, 11 to advantage ~ most hitouts on the ground
Round 2 34 hitouts, 7 to advantage ~ most hitouts on the ground
Round 3 23 hitouts, 5 to advantage ~ most hitouts on the ground
Round 4 17 hitouts, 7 to advantage
Round 5 10 hitouts, 3 to advantage ~ played 1 quarter
Round 11 30 hitouts, 7 to advantage ~ most hitouts on the ground
Round 12 21 hitouts, 6 to advantage

His hitouts to advantage is 29% which is 12th in the competition playing with the worst midfield but Reeves bad :drunk: :drunk:

Round 1 26 hitouts, 11 to advantage ~ most hitouts on the ground
Round 2 34 hitouts, 7 to advantage ~ most hitouts on the ground
Round 3 23 hitouts, 5 to advantage ~ most hitouts on the ground
Round 4 17 hitouts, 7 to advantage
Round 5 10 hitouts, 3 to advantage ~ played 1 quarter
Round 11 30 hitouts, 7 to advantage ~ most hitouts on the ground
Round 12 21 hitouts, 6 to advantage

His hitouts to advantage is 29% which is 12th in the competition playing with the worst midfield but Reeves bad :drunk: :drunk:

Ok so he's 12th in hitouts to advantage in the league, I knew it wasn't top 10.

Also currently the least influential ruckman around the ground, but you wouldn't know it reading this forum.

Ok so he's 12th in hitouts to advantage in the league, I knew it wasn't top 10.

Also currently the least influential ruckman around the ground, but you wouldn't know it reading this forum.
I thought he was poor though?? Now you've shifted the goal post to around the ground ......

Admit youre wrong and move on.

I thought he was poor though?? Now you've shifted the goal post to around the ground ......

Admit youre wrong and move on.

You've posted stats that have proved the term "poor"was a poor choice of words by me in terms of hitouts to advantage I'll pay that.

he is pretty bad around the ground but he's getting better, unfortunately his injury makes it hard to identify a real trend but you can kinda see it

R1-3: Avg 2 tackles, 2 marks, ~7 disposals

Avg vs St Kilda, Collingwood and Freo: 3.6 tackles, 2.3 marks, same disposals

it's very slight and super small sample sizes but i still think he's been noticeably improving in his presence around the ground as he's getting more games

If he could drift forward and use his ridiculous height to clunk a few and kick a goal on a reasonably regular basis, like he did yesterday, he’ll be an absolute weapon.
That will come, I have no doubt.

If he could drift forward and use his ridiculous height to clunk a few and kick a goal on a reasonably regular basis, like he did yesterday, he’ll be an absolute weapon.
I'm 100% sure that you're not the only one with this in mind.

What I'd hate to see is him drifting forward, finding a mismatch, taking a mark then slotting a point from 30m out, straight in front. Goals from ruckmen are great but simple misses do my head in.

Meet the third-generation star rapidly making a name for himself - Meet the third-generation star rapidly making a name for himself
"'Big Boy' (McEvoy) has been amazing, even more so since he's been injured. Most of my vision is done with 'Big Boy' and he has been awesome, really taken me under his wing," he said.

"Because he is undersized, he has had to learn a lot more tricks than I've had to. Just body positions and certain angles where the weak spots are in their centre of gravity and little tricks with positioning and down to strength and aggression. It has really helped me this year."

Is Mcevoy retained as the new ruck coach? This seems a pretty telling response.

(Monkhurst is part of the furniture/culture tho - can see him being at the club for 50 years)

We certainly have a lot riding on this young fellas broad shoulders.

If we are going to get back in the finals we need a lot the very least a competitive ruckman to go up against the likes of Gawn, Jackson, Darcy, etc.

Big game for him tonight coming up against arguably the most in form ruckman of the comp in Tim English.

I will be watching this duel with interest, I want to see him get involved around the ground which is English's strength.

If we are going to get back in the finals we need a lot the very least a competitive ruckman to go up against the likes of Gawn, Jackson, Darcy, etc.

Big game for him tonight coming up against arguably the most in form ruckman of the comp in Tim English.

I will be watching this duel with interest, I want to see him get involved around the ground which is English's strength.

Yep, really looking forward to seeing how he goes against TE. Huge test given their midfield's talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English is not playing. Jordan Sweet is his nemesis tonight.

Is Mcevoy retained as the new ruck coach? This seems a pretty telling response.

(Monkhurst is part of the furniture/culture tho - can see him being at the club for 50 years)
Love big monkey, a genuinely kind and good bloke - great for all the young men going through the club. Never mind that he's a savvy coach and has helped numerous undersized or modestly talented ruckmen get the most out of themselves.

I hope we keep the partnership as long as he wants to stay.

English is not playing. Jordan Sweet is his nemesis tonight.
In a way that is also a good test, up against a second string ruck a number 1 ruck such as Reeves should be expected to at least hold his own or even gain an advantage.

That is the level he should be setting his individual bar at at this stage of his career.

I’ve got my money on him keeping English pretty quiet

Love big monkey, a genuinely kind and good bloke - great for all the young men going through the club. Never mind that he's a savvy coach and has helped numerous undersized or modestly talented ruckmen get the most out of themselves.

I hope we keep the partnership as long as he wants to stay.
Yup I see monkhurst being at the club till his 90, but from a modern ruck perspective it sounds like big boy is more well versed

I'm 100% sure that you're not the only one with this in mind.

What I'd hate to see is him drifting forward, finding a mismatch, taking a mark then slotting a point from 30m out, straight in front. Goals from ruckmen are great but simple misses do my head in.
I seem to remember he had a pretty good record at the draft combine. Found it: "Having played for St Kevin’s in the VAFA Premier division in 2018, Reeves is known for being an exceptional kick for his size.

In the kicking test at the 2017 AFL Draft Combine, Reeves posted a score of 29 out of 30, with only one player bettering his result."

Not going to get too excited but it means he's not destined to be number 11 in the batting order and kicking for goal could turn into a strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back