Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Ned Reeves. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

There is zero future in citing actual stats to him, he bases all of his "expertise" on gut feels which he forms in the first 30 seconds of seeing a player and sticks with it. he is not interested in, or aware of, facts.

Two good games in a row. Not great, but great signs.

In the past Ned was pushed off the drop of the ball far too easily. As a developing ruckman that is not surprising. But his improvement is clear to see. He is now holding his own in strength and body positioning much more often. Some of his taps to advantage have been excellent.

I think Ned is now somewhere near the 18 best ruckman in the AFL and continues to improve.

We are told he is measured at 210.7cm.

I am now just waiting for a few fwd line pack marks to see that he can be, and in fact is, the Hawk‘s Big Kahuna who will take us to further silverware.

There were two taps he produced on Sunday that in footy terms were lace out, lots to work with here.

Hopefully he will continue to develop in the next couple of years and Ramsden comes on, we could have two very good ruckman in the coming years.

Two good games in a row. Not great, but great signs.

In the past Ned was pushed off the drop of the ball far too easily. As a developing ruckman that is not surprising. But his improvement is clear to see. He is now holding his own in strength and body positioning much more often. Some of his taps to advantage have been excellent.

I think Ned is now somewhere near the 18 best ruckman in the AFL and continues to improve.

We are told he is measured at 210.7cm.

I am now just waiting for a few fwd line pack marks to see that he can be, and in fact is, the Hawk‘s Big Kahuna who will take us to further silverware.
Not a fan of his scrambling crumbing goals off the deck?

On a serious note, we have seen him do this a couple of times in the AFL, and a few more in the VFL. I think the natural ability to take th fwd line marks are there, and we will see that grow more and more over time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reeves this year has kicked 7 goals and 1 behind. Not a bad return. I think that one behind may have been a set shot that hit the post. If he can improve his fitness and endurance levels, that will then allow him to work on his marking around the ground. It’s the only part of his game that’s lacking.

I think we have may have seen the last of Ned this year. If so Lynch needs to dominate at Box Hill and force himself in the team for the last few rounds.

Maybe the club reacted at a slight shoulder issue because he is to good to damage it?

Get him fit and firing for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back