Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Ned Reeves. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess Reeves' addition must mean Conor Nash is still rated as a Cat B rookie (notwithstanding his LTI elevation)

Otherwise we have 45 seniors and Cat A's, which isn't allowed.

(or does 'Supplementary Rookie not count as a normal Cat A rookie?)

I guess Reeves' addition must mean Conor Nash is still rated as a Cat B rookie (notwithstanding his LTI elevation)

Otherwise we have 45 seniors and Cat A's, which isn't allowed.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/298ae635-1caf-4817-bc1a-a2da2d83f70a-png.615781/

Irishman elevated

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2019-03-13/irishman-elevated

Conor Nash has received a boost ahead of the home and away season, with the Irishman elevated to Hawthorn’s senior list on Thursday.

The position became available after Tom Mitchell (broken leg) was moved to the long-term injury list.

This is Nash’s second appearance on the club’s senior list, having been temporarily elevated in late 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ned Reeves,

Some worry: the Hawks gave away a list spot to a mate’s son, and others are concerned the 209cm will = a player.

None of that matters. Consider the player.

Ned Reeves has all of the raw material to be awesome.

His kicking skills are great (Gawn from 20m is doutfull, Reeves from 50m is possible), he tackles well (goes low), has great hands on the deck and is a good tap ruckman to advantage.
But he gets pushed around by mature smaller players: Ned needs bigger legs, core strength, and vice like hands = 2 to 3 years away.

I love that the Hawks paid-out Langers. His 2014 was the stuff of legend... but there was never a Renaissance.We need talls and got one on a free hit.

The nepotism idea is stupid.
Consider: a 209cm, 102kg, elite kick, who tackes well, marks OK, and whose name is mud. We would want him irrespective of his name.

Last edited:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/298ae635-1caf-4817-bc1a-a2da2d83f70a-png.615781/

Irishman elevated

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2019-03-13/irishman-elevated

Conor Nash has received a boost ahead of the home and away season, with the Irishman elevated to Hawthorn’s senior list on Thursday.

The position became available after Tom Mitchell (broken leg) was moved to the long-term injury list.

This is Nash’s second appearance on the club’s senior list, having been temporarily elevated in late 2018.
Yeah, I know that he was elevated (Read my post)

Just wondering about our list numbers in total, because, not counting Cat B rookie CJ, we now have 45 seniors and Cat A rookies, which is one too many.

102kgs and considered light or skinny.

What a time.
Aaron Sandilands weighs 20% more, but weight is less relevant than core strength. Like all players, fitness staff need to determine what is the optimal weight for a player where agility and speed are not compromised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering about our list numbers in total, because, not counting Cat B rookie CJ, we now have 45 seniors and Cat A rookies, which is one too many.
Yes you are correct, Nash is a Cat B, temporarily elevated to the senior list for Mitchell. If he was Cat A, he wouldn't need to be elevated to play.

Ned Reeves,

Some worry: the Hawks gave away a list spot to a mate’s son, and others are concerned the 209cm will = a player.

None of that matters. Consider the player.

Ned Reeves has all of the raw material to be awesome.

His kicking skills are great (Gawn from 20m is doutfull, Reeves from 50m is possible), he tackles well (goes low), has great hands on the deck and is a good tap ruckman to advantage.
But he gets pushed around by mature smaller players: Ned needs bigger legs, core strength, and vice like hands = 2 to 3 years away.

I love that the Hawks paid-out Langers. His 2014 was the stuff of legend... but there was never a Renaissance.We need talls and got one on a free hit.

The nepotism idea is stupid.
Consider: a 209cm, 102kg, elite kick, who tackes well, marks OK, and whose name is mud. We would want him irrespective of his name.

But every player is family.

Will he be delisted at season's end and Hawks pick him as a DFA or is he a normal rookie player?
He's a normal rookie now, we just re-sign him or upgrade as we like.

What I mean is that he's a long term project that won't pay dividends in the short term. Astute pick up

We had 38 on the Senior list prior to Mitchell going down.
senior before.PNG

This allowed us to carry up to 9 Rookies if we had 3 Category B
We were carrying 8 including Will Langford (Jiath and Nash Cat B)

We've essentially replaced Mitchell with Nash on the Senior list with Mitchell on LTI meaning our Senior list is still 38

And we have 7 on the Rookie list (6 Cat A and 1 Cat B) after replacing Langford with Reeves and one elevated Cat B rookie taking up a spot on our senior list. Then we have Langford retired and Mitchell on LTI

Our overall list size is still 46 it's just that we have 2 inactives on top of that which we have to account for in relation to their TPP impact.

His highlights look good. His marking was promising and tap work good. Disposal clean and awareness seemed at least ok. Players never look shocking from highlights I suppose, but given that there would have been limited matches with available video footage that he'd played in, his highlights package was solid. Definitely worth a punt.

i didnt follow the 2017 draft as closely as i did last year, but apparently he was unlucky not to get drafted, he seems quick for a big man so good luck to him this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back