Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson!

Remove this Banner Ad

true romance smile GIF

Birchall really struggled to get on the park near the end didn't he?

Gee it must be chilly in Tassie this time of the year. Nose is not far off getting frostbite.

Kicked in the teeth again.
It doesn't take long to start hating footy again. It usually (always) involves the trifecta. A loss, a shafting from the umpires and a serious injury late in the game. Got the quaddie, the loss is to Geelong who walk off injury free sharing a post-coital cigarette with the umpires.

Watson on the other hand is expected to face at least a month on the sidelines, after also sustaining an ankle injury late in Monday's game.

"Scans have since revealed its a very low-grade syndesmosis injury," Burge said.

"He doesn't need surgery which is great, so we're managing it conservatively, he's in a moonboot for the next seven days.

"When he gets out of the boot, we'll be able to pin-point (a more exact) timeframe."

I pray for this kids durability at AFL level.

I'm in a bit of all sorts worrying about smaller and skinny players getting hurt more.

Please let it be nothing more than paranoia.

I pray for this kids durability at AFL level.

I'm in a bit of all sorts worrying about smaller and skinny players getting hurt more.

Please let it be nothing more than paranoia.
I reckon he'll be fine.

One of his mentors in u15s was Boomer Harvey, who was actually smaller than Watson when he was drafted (168cms, though apparently he grew a bit throughout his career). 430-odd games would be a nice tally indeed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back