Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Peter Burge

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it a welcome or welcome back?
He was here for the 2008 premiership? Or is there another Peter burge?

Read this originally that we’d poached him from Richmond High and thought it meant the new secondary school. Now that I’ve read properly this is a great pickup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get used to 'hamstring awareness' that takes 3-4 weeks to come good every time and injury reports that always downplay an injury initially only for it to linger for an extra couple of weeks longer than originally expected.

No doubt he was huge for us over the journey but whatever the program is now it doesn't seem to be working. And no, not just for the old guys. None of our guys seem to be able to run out a game anymore. Think we need a freshen up and new ideas. Looks like a win win to me.

Get used to 'hamstring awareness' that takes 3-4 weeks to come good every time and injury reports that always downplay an injury initially only for it to linger for an extra couple of weeks longer than originally expected.

No doubt he was huge for us over the journey but whatever the program is now it doesn't seem to be working. And no, not just for the old guys. None of our guys seem to be able to run out a game anymore. Think we need a freshen up and new ideas. Looks like a win win to me.
Perhaps the hunger just ain't there anymore. Or is it no Dusty no Richmond?

Great pickup, think Boyd has done an okay job in the interim. He will be great for a developing group but hope we have not lost the intel from Russell and trimming down as players age. Not a big concern for a couple of years but something not many clubs seem to focus on which always end up in the same soft tissue injuries.

I think it's always a bit difficult to judge your club's fitness guy. I remember last season a lot of Carlton supporters wanted Jack Russel gone for similar reasons, a guy who'd played a part in 6 premierships across 3 different clubs.

Was Burge 'the man' in Richmond's premiership years?

Maybe.

We were a game off top 4 2 weeks ago without Dusty for the majority of the season and when we did have him he was nowhere near his best. Now he has also got a soft tissue injury, maybe the first in his career that I can remember. Lynch twice, Balta twice. Prestia 5 mintues into the season after supposedly rebuilding him and finally figuring out what body shape he needed. Not just that but any injury even impact injuries seem to take take longer for us to come back from compared to others.
It's called winning multiple flags. Bodies are never the same. We know the drill.

I think it's always a bit difficult to judge your club's fitness guy. I remember last season a lot of Carlton supporters wanted Jack Russel gone for similar reasons, a guy who'd played a part in 6 premierships across 3 different clubs.

Was Burge 'the man' in Richmond's premiership years?
Yep.

It's called winning multiple flags. Bodies are never the same. We know the drill.
Yeah. Just feels like its time for a freshen up for us. No doubt he's one of the best in the industry. He helped time our runs for the 3 flags to perfection.

Looks like he didn't finish his education at Hawthorn before moving to Richmond.....;)

In the last 2 years on our list, Grant Birchall was always listed as : Hamstring, 2-3 weeks!

Its nothing new

Remove this Banner Ad

Back