Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Day surprised the hell out of me this year. I read that, before his draft year, he could not get a game in the seniors of his local club as they thought he was too skinny to take the impacts of strong men. He changed clubs and showed he could.
To my mind, he seemed too skinny to play AFL. But this year he was awesome. Held no fear against the much bigger AFL bodies and did not get hurt.
Will is capable of being the quintessential captain = can play any position and affect the result but chooses to step out until needed.

Dangerfield and Fyfe are 2 players that can do that... but both fail on kicking for goal.

Day may be their better... in time we will find out.

Short term the Hawk‘s Captain should be... McEvoy or Gunston or Smith.

Medium Term - Worpel.

Long Term - Day

rankine will be an absolute gun but he only played like 3 good games this year

And, to my mind, didn't show much of his ability as a team player. Fair bit about "me, me, me" in his game.

Comparing him to Cyril was insulting. He had the offensive highlights but none of the team play. Goes to show how rare Cyril was as a prospect.

And, to my mind, didn't show much of his ability as a team player. Fair bit about "me, me, me" in his game.

Comparing him to Cyril was insulting. He had the offensive highlights but none of the team play. Goes to show how rare Cyril was as a prospect.
Watched the replay of the 2008 Gf on the weekend brought a tear to my eye watching the maestro go around on that magnificent sunny Saturday.
Been a huge loss for us & still irks me seeing guys like Danger & Cotchin still playing from Cyril's Draft year.

Top 10 finish in the PCM in your first year after playing only 11 games is seriously elite. If he had played all 17 games this year and polled at the same rate as he did in his 11 then he would have finished 3rd with 82 votes. This kid is going to be something else. Could he take it home next year?

What a pleasure it was to watch him this season.

Top 10 finish in the PCM in your first year after playing only 11 games is seriously elite. If he had played all 17 games this year and polled at the same rate as he did in his 11 then he would have finished 3rd with 82 votes. This kid is going to be something else. Could he take it home next year?

What a pleasure it was to watch him this season.
Amazing.

Please this sounds like the sh*te people said about Cyril

What?

Cyril played 25 games in his first year including a brilliant performance in the grand final.

But we shall see next year. My guess is the top players of the 2020 draft will be just as good or better than Rowell.

And I think the top players of 2019, including Day will as well.

Anyone else feel he could win our B&F next year?
Not sure, but the prospect of Day developing with more experience and physique over the next few years is extremely exciting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had 3 great games against witches hats. We have zero clue how he will play in a regular season.

They hype is beyond ridiculous. He could be a brilliant footballer. He could be a very good footballer. At the moment we simply dont know.

Horrible post. He is the most impressive first year player I've ever seen from everything we saw in his 5 games. Would have eclipsed Judd if played a full season in the same form.
Also played against West Coast who allegedly have the best midfield in the competition.

Horrible post. He is the most impressive first year player I've ever seen from everything we saw in his 5 games. Would have eclipsed Judd if played a full season in the same form.
Also played against West Coast who allegedly have the best midfield in the competition.

Did you not see how atrocious West Coast were in the QLD hub? Or remember Simpson complaining to the media and giving an ultimatum on them flying back to Perth if they didnt get their way?

Even we would have beaten West Coast if we had played them in QLD at that time.

I think he can if he play’s on the wing next year.
I have wracked my brain, searched several texts, even some hieroglyphs, and I still cannot figure out the role of the apostrophe here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back