Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends where you look, Hawks say he is 187, so does footywire

I've also seen 189 and 76kg instead of 70, doubt he's put on 6kgs since he was measured at the combine but he could have grown

I've also seen 189 and 76kg instead of 70, doubt he's put on 6kgs since he was measured at the combine but he could have grown

Often the lower measurements are taken at the beginning of their draft year so it’s not uncommon for them to finish the year slightly taller and heavier than they started it.

My 13 year old son has a bigger frame than young Will. Doubt he is 76 kegs and boy is he going to have to do the opposite to what Xavier Ellis did.

Kid is a jet. He isn’t crazy skinny or light for his age. You can see in his face he has a still a boy. Testosterone and age will do its work and he will fill out. In the mean time we have the man child Finn macginnes to focus our short term ambitions on 😃

I think thats the issue. I think we are not far away with a bit of luck an good management from grabbing a flag with the current list. Who knows Will might surprise and be a part of that. The future needs to be part of clubs panning which they have addressed on paper.

Kid is a jet. He isn’t crazy skinny or light for his age. You can see in his face he has a still a boy. Testosterone and age will do its work and he will fill out. In the mean time we have the man child Finn macginnes to focus our short term ambitions on 😃
I agree. Once puberty finally hits, watch out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 13 year old son has a bigger frame than young Will. Doubt he is 76 kegs and boy is he going to have to do the opposite to what Xavier Ellis did.
Your 13yo must be pretty big seeing as Will isn't that small. Same height as Finn just hasn't filled out yet

I’m thinking we need to start up a thread that lists all the incorrect spelling of Finn’s surname. That’s a new one you did right there Brishawk 😂

I'm not understanding the fascination with this kid's weight.
Yep. The fact that his future ambition is to play in the midfield excites me. It tells me that he isn’t scared and once he fills out who knows what kind of player we’ll have. He’s got the skills which in most instances is harder to obtain than the size.

View attachment 788784

It's understandable. He could need 2 years at Box Hill to be fair.

If you're spending a first rounder on a kid that won't make an AFL game for two years I reckon you've made a poor choice. If he's a good enough footballer he'll debut on quality alone, the club won't give a stuff about his lack of size.

This kid debuted in his first year:

1575404109635.png

If you're spending a first rounder on a kid that won't make an AFL game for two years I reckon you've made a poor choice. If he's a good enough footballer he'll debut on quality alone, the club won't give a stuff about his lack of size.

This kid debuted in his first year:

View attachment 788796
When was that first round game against Geelong where he got like four million possessions in the first quarter and then ran out of breath? Bloody hell it was funny. What a quarter

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back