Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Shut him down and get him ripe for a full pre-season. This time next year we’ll be taking about him as an A-grade outside midfielder. ;)

Hopefully he works on his contested skills in the off season so he can become our own version of our own Pendlebury which I think he could be.

Has this been overplayed slightly?. He Had a limp coming off the field but if it was anything more then a rolled ankle he would of surely needed assistance. If he is fit he plays, we need to fast track our youth as much as possible, I don't want to see possibly a top 3 talent on our list wrapped in cotton wool until next year if he doesn't have to be.

If fit he plays . The more footy he and the other young guys play together the better .

Reckon he is the type who would be hard to stop from getting out there too.

These are my thoughts also, only played 16 games of league footy and 5 this season, when fit he plays and the exposure will only fast track his rise.

Was walking behind Daysy who was with Jeka at Marvel after the game tonight and can confirm he was in a moon boot and crutches, wasn’t putting much weight on that ankle :( I mean who knows but didn’t look too great

Was walking behind Daysy who was with Jeka at Marvel after the game tonight and can confirm he was in a moon boot and crutches, wasn’t putting much weight on that ankle :( I mean who knows but didn’t look too great

Word is Will Day is still so good at football, despite crutches, he is pushing to play next week.

Here is training footage:

Last edited:
Moon boot and crutches, not great, but also may just be part of the recovery and precaution plan.

Who knows, maybe he was told moon boot and crutches for 5 days, take the weight off and get back on it on Monday. Unlikely, but possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moon boot and crutches, not great, but also may just be part of the recovery and precaution plan.

Who knows, maybe he was told moon boot and crutches for 5 days, take the weight off and get back on it on Monday. Unlikely, but possible.

Will will be missing for a while .

We have Caddy to thank. His intent that game was to hurt him and he attacked him like a Lion attacks a Deer in the wild. He took him down, mauled him physically and then drove into him on the ground. I was sitting right in front of the play and could see what he was doing.

I also recall Caddy calling Howe an Fn Sp one night.

I hope Hardwick brings him back next time we play them and Frost or Truck accidentally decide to open him up.

We have Caddy to thank. His intent that game was to hurt him and he attacked him like a Lion attacks a Deer in the wild. He took him down, mauled him physically and then drove into him on the ground. I was sitting right in front of the play and could see what he was doing.

I hope Hardwick brings him back next time we play them and Frost or Truck accidentally decide to open him up.

This implies Caddy will get another game or go near someone who could do the same to him. Typical hack who punches down

that whole passage of play pisses me off to think about still! * Dan Rioli and Jack Graham too

This implies Caddy will get another game or go near someone who could do the same to him. Typical hack who punches down

that whole passage of play pisses me off to think about still! **** Dan Rioli and Jack Graham too

He always has a habit of popping up from the pie stand when the going is easy and sneaks in the back door for a soft goal. He will be back.

As I said, I hope Clarko has asked Dimma for a favour.

that whole passage of play pisses me off to think about still! **** Dan Rioli and Jack Graham too

Dan Rioli lol. Can’t recall another player as scared of body contact than him.

Is anything ever on Bigfooty considered fact 😜.

was told early last week would be missing for a while as he was very very sore after the game last week...

The same person told me in round 3 there are major issues with Gunston and it was touch and go he would do much this year for us. 😬

Terrible news.

I wish the club would provide some clarity. Don't they know we have pinned all of our hopes on him?

Huh? which game was Day injured in?? v GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back