Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Lord, that vision, touch when weighting a kick, and speed of ball to boot are otherworldly. How the hell was this not evident in his other highlight reel?

I'm sure his complete video package would show flaws also, but this guy is a smooth moving bastard with sublime skills/touch. Going to wind up 190cm and maybe more too.

The Lachie Whitfield comparison is a lot more accurate than I'd believed now that footage is up.

Very happy with this pick. Being a dual sided player is a tremendous advantage particularly the way the game is played now. Just as an interest I wonder how many dual sided players there are in the AFL (by that I mean naturally).

Given we had the joy of Sam Mitchell on our list for years, one of the best dual-sided players ever... who now happens to be our midfield coach - I am drooling at the thought of the little tricks and tips Mitch can impart on another dual-sided player to buy him even more time and space, and make him extra damaging.

I'm not convinced seems too slight. Meanwhile down Corio way. 186cm and 83kg and pace to burn. Ready made.

View attachment 786132
His ‘highlights’ show him repeatedly fumbling the ball. Big problem for a mid at afl level. I’d prefer Day every time because he is clean in everything he does.

Regardless whether Will becomes the GOAT or never plays a game if someone said the core of the next Hawk premiership is anchored by a lightly build half-back I'd tell them they're joking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His ‘highlights’ show him repeatedly fumbling the ball. Big problem for a mid at afl level. I’d prefer Day every time because he is clean in everything he does.
Cool. Posted it for posterity and a future bump. Hopefully you get last laugh. Good luck Will. 👍

Cool. Posted it for posterity and a future bump. Hopefully you get last laugh. Good luck Will. 👍
Go post it on the Geelong board in his draft thread then.

Go post it on the Geelong board in his draft thread then.
Lighten up. Im not convinced about Day. i think we are in a position to challenge but not with a skinny kid. If he was drafted with and eye to the future all good. Go jump on someone elses posts. Fk Geelong.

Lighten up. Im not convinced about Day. i think we are in a position to challenge but not with a skinny kid. If he was drafted with an Eye to the future all good. Go jump on someone elses posts. Fk Geelong.
So if a kid is drafted at 18yo then what else can he be drafted for, other than the future?

That’s what the draft is for, the future.

So if a kid is drafted at 18yo then what else can he be drafted for, other than the future?

What he's saying is that Day isn't a player that you would expect could come in and have an immediate impact, like other 'AFL ready' players. Once he fills out a little he will surely get a run.

Lighten up. Im not convinced about Day. i think we are in a position to challenge but not with a skinny kid. If he was drafted with and eye to the future all good. Go jump on someone elses posts. Fk Geelong.

What he's saying is that Day isn't a player that you would expect could come in and have an immediate impact, like other 'AFL ready' players. Once he fills out a little he will surely get a run.
I knew exactly what he was saying, but plenty of supposed “AFL ready” players have been drafted over they years who have turned out to be anything but.

All I know about Day is that quiet a few club recruiters had him marked down as having a pretty big upside going foward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back