Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding Day fine if they don't have a timeline at this point, but a little more info about the actual injury would be nice.

i agree but there's every chance they don't even know enough about it yet to make a call

it would be stupid to say he has a break that will see him miss the rest of the season and upon consultation with an expert realise that's not the case and hell only miss a month

and vice versa would be infinitely worse

i agree but there's every chance they don't even know enough about it yet to make a call

it would be stupid to say he has a break that will see him miss the rest of the season and upon consultation with an expert realise that's not the case and hell only miss a month

and vice versa would be infinitely worse

Something is either broken or it isn't, they'd know if it's a break. Again I'm not demanding a timeline, just more detail about the injury than " ankle issue "

Unfortunately he will need his leg chopped off.
The good news is Oscar Pistorius is willing to lend one of his blades as he no longer requires it
Dark. Does Day have a missus? She wouldn't want to be taking any late night bathroom breaks.

It might be they don’t know how to interpret the results ie grade the injury. It might be unusual or rare.
Dr nick riviera says any doctor can interpret what they see, and what they see is money... oops surgery. But trust me. I'm dr nick, I'm on bigfooty... oops sorry tv.

It is a little scary and disappointing tho if Linda crs is correct that we as a club would be dishonest about his injury and make up our original prognosis. I hope Linda is incorrect but based on our clubs history im not holding my breath. If he's the Linda from hhq there is very little chance he's incorrect.

Dr nick riviera says any doctor can interpret what they see, and what they see is money... oops surgery. But trust me. I'm dr nick, I'm on bigfooty... oops sorry tv.

It is a little scary and disappointing tho if Linda crs is correct that we as a club would be dishonest about his injury and make up our original prognosis. I hope Linda is incorrect but based on our clubs history im not holding my breath. If he's the Linda from hhq there is very little chance he's incorrect.
The club is probably not keen to announce its best young player is likely to miss the year in round 2 after a loss.. It just brings the mood of the club down and probably
Doesn’t help the early season membership drive. I’m guessing the next thing we hear in
Next weeks injury report is that Will Day has had successful surgery and is hopeful of being back for the second half of the season.. second half of the season comes around, HFC are not likely to feature in finals action and it’s accepted the best thing for Will is to come back raring for the first day of preseason. My guess only..
Good luck to Will. He’s a massive part of our clubs future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What part of what the club has said leads you to believe they are ‘making up a prognosis’? I certainly don’t see any sugar coating. They don’t even describe the injury apart from ‘ankle injury’.
According to Physical Performance Manager Luke Boyd, the youngster will miss a portion of the season, but the exact time frame can’t be confirmed until the severity of the injury has been determined.

“We’ll investigate (Will’s injury) further over the next couple of days to work out the full extent of the injury

“What we can say now is that Will is going to miss a chunk of football with that ankle injury and he won’t be available to play this coming week.”

I don't think not being able to walk off is the issue (or the converse in this case). It's the potential persistent issues and flare ups he may face due to the delicate nature of this kind of injury.

Collingwood at the beginning of 2019 went without De Goey, Elliot, Treloar, Adams, Moore and others. GWS similar in the same year without Patton, Coniglio, Ward, Kelly and more.

you and HODGEYROAD are just bitching
Was referring to the current Fremantle injury list but thanks for the feedback

Let's hope the young lad gets positive, or at least not real bad news from the surgeon.

Anecdote:
Feet are complex.
I had an injury to my right foot when I was a teenager. It got crunched between people, objects and the ground when I had it on an angle. I could limp walk on it but that was it.
Taken to GP the next day and referred for an X Ray. X Ray result was "No Breaks!" and told keep off it and give it time.
I was able to walk on it again pretty quickly, but three months laters I still couldn't run properly without labouring.
Taken to a better doctor and they found displacement of the Talus causing the issue. So they dealt with that and it came good pretty quickly afterwards.
Feet are complicated. Will Day has access to better doctors than I did.
/Anecdote

Please no Croad injury.

Let's hope the young lad gets positive, or at least not real bad news from the surgeon.

Anecdote:
Feet are complex.
I had an injury to my right foot when I was a teenager. It got crunched between people, objects and the ground when I had it on an angle. I could limp walk on it but that was it.
Taken to GP the next day and referred for an X Ray. X Ray result was "No Breaks!" and told keep off it and give it time.
I was able to walk on it again pretty quickly, but three months laters I still couldn't run properly without labouring.
Taken to a better doctor and they found displacement of the Talus causing the issue. So they dealt with that and it came good pretty quickly afterwards.
Feet are complicated. Will Day has access to better doctors than I did.
/Anecdote

Please no Croad injury.
I’m sure we have him in front of the best surgeon we can find to identify the best recovery option, surgery or otherwise. It will be down to his commitment to rehab and his body responds. And luck relating to the injury. Just going to have to be patient.

Well I'll claim that one.

In 1983 at the massively mature age of 17 I watched a bloke have a fairly ordinary game at the SCG. He wore number 28 for us against a pretty ordinary Swans team and didn't look to have what it takes.

That bloke was Chris Langford.

I learnt that my opinions are either misguided or ignorant. Take your pick.

So I learnt to look harder. Don't do knee jerk stuff. Think - really think - about what you are watching.

I need to do this next Sunday. I need to be a better analyst.

Don't let your prejudices ruin your enjoyment.
I'm going to put my hand up and say the opposite. I remember a young bloke named Gary Ayers in a preseason game at VFL park (before it was called Waverley Park) took a mark in the goal square. Kicked it from right in front with the man on the mark standing in the centre of the goal square. Almost out on the full. I said "He'd probably make a decent defender." Turned out I was right. :) TBF his kicking was actually elite, just fluffed that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back