Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 18, Josh Weddle

Remove this Banner Ad

TDS7

The Boss
Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Based on his current trajectory on this board, he could be a top 20 player in the competition by round 1.
I've personally got him locked in for the flex spot on the AA bench, with a smokey for top 5 in the Brownlow.

TDS7

The Boss
Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1670223412098.png

I know this point has been made ad nauseum, but just look at the unit this kid is. =6th heaviest guy on our list as an 18 year old (although I'm not sure how up to date these measurements are) who'll be playing through our midfield. If there was ever a ready made prospect its this kid. Couple that with his aerobic ability and you've got an unstoppable force, even at AFL level.

Howe Amazing

All Australian
Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If he grows more upwards and once he grows outwards could be a CHF down the track but let’s see how he goes. Good luck to him

GerryLewis

All Australian
Nov 10, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
View attachment 1567768

I know this point has been made ad nauseum, but just look at the unit this kid is. =6th heaviest guy on our list as an 18 year old (although I'm not sure how up to date these measurements are) who'll be playing through our midfield. If there was ever a ready made prospect its this kid. Couple that with his aerobic ability and you've got an unstoppable force, even at AFL level.
I know Mitch Lewis was sitting at 105kg last pre-season. I dare say he's sitting around the high 90's at the moment.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know Mitch Lewis was sitting at 105kg last pre-season. I dare say he's sitting around the high 90's at the moment.
List at 101kg on the Hawthorn players page

Lewis
Frost
Nash
Lynch
Koschitzke
Blanck
Reeves
Jeka

Pretty impressive Sam Mitchell was talking about starting Weddle as a Mid since every player there started as a KP/Ruck.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Randy Campbell

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2009
Scarborough WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
All Blacks Green Bay
Based on his current trajectory on this board, he could be a top 20 player in the competition by round 1.

I've personally got him locked in for the flex spot on the AA bench, with a smokey for top 5 in the Brownlow.

I don't think we should put a ceiling on what our new players could achieve

TheFourPillars

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting we were trying to get that extra first pick from as early as Melbourne's pick(pick 14), wonder if Weddle was still our main target. Assume it was given Mitchell thought the best possible outcome was landing both Mackenzie and Weddle.
You betcha, We were worried about Melbourne picking him

bigmaxi

Senior List
Nov 11, 2006
hampton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roosters
View attachment 1567768

Another few centimetres and a few bulking up kilos he could be playing-at 195 and 95 kilos ! Monster mid .

HeHateMe

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Another few centimetres and a few bulking up kilos he could be playing-at 195 and 95 kilos ! Monster mid .
He is already what 92kg? If he grows a few CM he won't need to bulk to add those few kg. Kids already a monster

Remove this Banner Ad