Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We'll see what happens, I hope he plays to his potential. Like I said, I am likely jaded as a result of watching guys like Hartung, O'Brien and others plod along. You guys who can attend training also have way more insight. I just take your word for it... mostly ;)
Thoughts on his game today?

Thoughts on his game today?
It started at 04:45 my time, I didn't wake up for it. I have seen the stats, and have been reading autopsy.

By the way, i didn't say he'll be a rubbish player, I just questioned why everyone assumes he'll be a superstar of the competition. If he did something's that I should be aware of, I'm all ears

It started at 04:45 my time, I didn't wake up for it. I have seen the stats, and have been reading autopsy.

By the way, i didn't say he'll be a rubbish player, I just questioned why everyone assumes he'll be a superstar of the competition. If he did something's that I should be aware of, I'm all ears
Not picking on you, I know it was a loss but if you watch it you will see some more of those signs posters on here talk about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was abit worried after seeing him put a poor effort in early in the 1st qtr, but after that was easily our best backmen. Looked safe in the air, was the only one either halving or winning aerial contests, provided run and carry. Was a little shaky with one or two disposals but generally pretty good (to be expected by a 5 gamer). Really enjoy watching him play.

He was fantastic. Seems a much more natural defender on what I've seen so far, which isn't a bad thing considering the make up of our list

Wish he was taller if we are going to play him back, we are still missing a really big defender with real skill, he looked great though.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere in the past that he hoped to play as a midfielder and was modelling his game on Fyfe?
It will be interesting to see where he ends up playing long term.

Wish he was taller if we are going to play him back, we are still missing a really big defender with real skill, he looked great though.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere in the past that he hoped to play as a midfielder and was modelling his game on Fyfe?
If he cna build a tank to play midfield he will monster pretty much all mids in the air, very much like Ffye in that regard.

Best place to play if we want him to be a mid is the hbf. Modern mids spend a lot of time charging out of defence. Has the athleticism to play anywhere.

I prefer him as a mid/foward but we need a Burgoyne replacement...
Gun.

I do too.

But the way he was playing yesterday was more of a shut down defender as opposed to a Burgoyne rebounding-half back-midfielder. Which is a complete waste of his talent IMO.

Whether or not that's because Brand is still injured and not in the team we won't know. But I feel like his best footy is played in the forward line and midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back