Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone else can probably elaborate but had something to do with Ryan's dad who played for the crows or was employed by the crows and it ended on bad terms.

That and the fact an ex crow who became a physio/surgeon (forget his name) diagnosed Ryans injury as a junior and said it was one of the worst injuries he had seen and that he would have been lucky to play again.

I think this also had a heavy weighting on why the crows didn't take him.

This is absolutely correct, however I can tell you it ended badly not because Ryan’s Dad was bad at his job, but him and Nigel Smart never got along. Nigel was appointed to COO, and he removed Ryan’s Dad after 15 years of great service just because they didn’t get along. Nigel Smart is a well known flog in footy circles. The dumb prick then made it clear to the recruiter not to draft Ryan, specifically due to his Dad. Eat a bag of s**t Nigel ya flog...we have him now and he is very happy at the Hawks!

This is absolutely correct, however I can tell you it ended badly not because Ryan’s Dad was bad at his job, but him and Nigel Smart never got along. Nigel was appointed to COO, and he removed Ryan’s Dad after 15 years of great service just because they didn’t get along. Nigel Smart is a well known flog in footy circles. The dumb prick then made it clear to the recruiter not to draft Ryan, specifically due to his Dad. Eat a bag of s**t Nigel ya flog...we have him now and he is very happy at the Hawks!

Don't you mean 'he wasn't bad at his job?'

Yea but that was off one step.
He apparently was told to tone it down, because he was in danger of injuring himself, by striking himself in the back of the head with the ball, if his kick circumnavigated the earth.

I heard he could kick kit 90 metres before his injury.
I heard it was 100 metres before the injury. Actually, I was there when it happened.
Probs why Adelaide steered clear of him during Draft time; if he's lost 30% capacity from kicking length & can now only kick 70m, then he's probably a liability...

Right?

I must say, the kid they picked up instead, Doedee, has supposedly been very impressive in the the SANFL playing a bit like McGovern from the Eagles.

Hope he turns out ok. I feel for the Crows, their culture is such that they put two years into Victoria kids and because of their culture, they all leave...

I must say, the kid they picked up instead, Doedee, has supposedly been very impressive in the the SANFL playing a bit like McGovern from the Eagles.

Hope he turns out ok. I feel for the Crows, their culture is such that they put two years into Victoria kids and because of their culture, they all leave...
I hope he goes well for his sake.

It would be so bloody tough being knows as "the guy they took instead of Burton" if Ryan does kick on as we expect. Not fair on him as it wasn't his screw up that caused them to overlook Ryan.

I do hope however Ryan gets his chance to give a big middle finger to them (technically he already did that last year by absolutely styling on them) but it would be great if he could destroy them in a big final and get us over the line.

I hope he goes well for his sake.

It would be so bloody tough being knows as "the guy they took instead of Burton" if Ryan does kick on as we expect. Not fair on him as it wasn't his screw up that caused them to overlook Ryan.

I do hope however Ryan gets his chance to give a big middle finger to them (technically he already did that last year by absolutely styling on them) but it would be great if he could destroy them in a big final and get us over the line.
To be fair there are 18 guys people took instead of Burton so he can join that club of first round picks not as good as the 19th.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well there goes the go home factor.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well there goes the go home factor.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well, can still go home to SA and play for Port....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back