Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Billy Hartung looked a million bucks in 2014 until injured in round 12 tackling a bloke twice his size, also scored a rising star nomination in his time with the club too.

A few people have mentioned Ryan has a bit of an ego issue (albeit without GilPender here pumping up his tyres), so maybe a couple of years in the wilderness at Alberton might not be such a bad thing.

Couple of years in the small pond of Adelaide is not such a good thing for an ego.

Although, family may ground him:shrug:

the fact that you always post the opposite to how you feel supports my statement.

He's an Adelaide boy, dating someone connected to Port Adelaide, the club he grew up supporting and has a 5 year deal in front of him. I know he loves our club and life in Melbourne, but once he's settled back home, he isn't gonna come back to the club that used him as trade bait for Wingard.

the fact that you always post the opposite to how you feel supports my statement.

He's an Adelaide boy, dating someone connected to Port Adelaide, the club he grew up supporting and has a 5 year deal in front of him. I know he loves our club and life in Melbourne, but once he's settled back home, he isn't gonna come back to the club that used him as trade bait for Wingard.
Probably right

You just never know.

I'll always have my brief moment of seeing him walking out of his house off Swan St after we got smashed by Richmond. Onwards and upwards to Glenelg mate!

Glenelg... I remember jumping off the jetty there years ago

Another head scratcher for me...Ryan is a potential captain of the club. Oh well...Looks like it’s done. Get used to watching him just get much better over the next 7-8 years for another club. Once we lost out for Shiel I would have kept our draft picks.

We’re giving away far too much to get Wingard!

Another head scratcher for me...Ryan is a potential captain of the club. Oh well...Looks like it’s done. Get used to watching him just get much better over the next 7-8 years for another club. Once we lost out for Shiel I would have kept our draft picks.

We’re giving away far too much to get Wingard!

Since when is he a future captain? I’ve never once heard a thing about his leadership potential.

I think you may soon have to delete Miles' name from your list of Hawthorn's horrible youth.

You have my permission. ;)

Yup, seems two omissions are coming. Hopefully get to soon add Scrimshaw though!

where did he say he hopes our club does crap in comp?

It's his view its a bad trade, his entitled to an opinion

i'll personally back the club to make the right calls but people/supporters/members can have an opinion on not trading Burton

"Would actually like to see us miss the 8 and Port make it just to prove a point."

Last edited:
It probably comes down to how highly supporters rate Burton. Like you, I think he is all-Australian, certainly an A-grader. If you don't agree with that then trading him is no biggy. I don't subscribe to the idea that some of us are emotionally invested in him, we just think he's really good!

You're kidding, right? You don't even say in the future you could imagine it, simply that he's AA.
He finished 18th in the PCM.
If there are 36 regular firsts playing HBFers in the league, I doubt he was in the thinking for Top 20 let alone the two that get selected for a spot in the AA side.

Kid is a nice prospect, but a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way away from All Australian.
Absolute crazy talk.

You're kidding, right? You don't even say in the future you could imagine it, simply that he's AA.
If there are 36 regular firsts playing HBFers in the league, I doubt he was in the thinking for Top 20 let alone the two that get selected for a spot in the AA side.

Kid is a nice prospect, but a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way away from All Australian.
Absolute crazy talk.
He was 4th the year before and compare very favourably to lever and others in similar position. You are right, on this years form he wasn’t AA but he has that potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute crazy talk.

Calm down pal, it's called an opinion, I made that clear. I should have said future AA, I thought that was clear logic since he is not AA now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back