Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 44: Blake Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to wonder if Poppy will be a late out, would rather see Stewart getting a game but good luck Dimma

I like his attack on the player and ball, not exactly sure where would be his ideal position whilst Breust and Poppy are in the team. We definitely have something to work with though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very odd selection. Perhaps a late out to a small forward.

Dimma has been playing as a small defender at BHH of late, and hasn't done a heck of a lot right. How did he get a game ahead of Howe?

All I can think is that they are throwing these guys into the deep end, seeing how they swim and then giving them a lot of film review time to improve situational awareness and decision making. Getting feedback on the AFL performance and then going back to BH to try out the suggestions. Possibly trying to short cut their learning curves while maintaining a competitive side in the seniors. Shame about that second bit these last few rounds.

Was always going to be difficult to make a massive impact in a game like that but as other have said, he did his job and did quite well for only his second ever AFL game.
10 disposals but went at 90% efficiency
A goal assist (which if I recall correctly was a lovely weighted ball to someone on the lead) and 3 score involvements
5 marks all uncontested so he found space at times
3 tackles, all of which I remember being hard and well executed
and 4 inside 50s

All very servicable stats and certainly deserving of more game time

Let's keep this thread about Blake Hardwick. Comments about other players can be made in the appropriate thread.

Was Hardwick the tackler that gave away that free kick to Guthrie in the last quarter? The One where Guthrie was done holding the ball and yet the umpire just ignored it?

From what we saw I think Hardwick keeps his spot, his kicking was impressive and did out as others butchered it. If he can continue to build and get a bit more of the pill he'll be a regular.

Was Hardwick the tackler that gave away that free kick to Guthrie in the last quarter? The One where Guthrie was done holding the ball and yet the umpire just ignored it?

From what we saw I think Hardwick keeps his spot, his kicking was impressive and did out as others butchered it. If he can continue to build and get a bit more of the pill he'll be a regular.

Yes. That's him :). Can't really remember who but one of the senior player actually gave him a welldone pat on the back/head.

That was a completely bewildering call from the umpire. I just laughed at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back