Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Pick 7, Cam MacKenzie, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's his tackling that really stands out for me. in a game where we basically couldn't get our hands on them in the first half, he came on and in less than 50% TOG out tackled all of our mids except Nash
Yep, for a player so clean and composed with his disposal he tackles a lot. He is the complete package for a midfielder.

In 47% TOG
12 disposals, 6 contested at 83%
5 kicks
1 behind & 6 score involvements
3 clearances & 4 tackles.
2 inside 50s

Plays a full game and it's probably something like..
25 disposals, 11 contested (80%*)
12 kicks
1/2 shots on goal & 10 score involvements
6 clearances & 8 tackles.
5/6 inside 50s.

Obviously basically just doubled it and scaled it realistically. But a big half, with damage and defensive pressure.

His run down tackle was awesome, would love to see someone find it and gif it please!

the lion king GIF by Walt Disney Records

Did this happen after he was born?
He kicked the placenta, hit his dad lace out.

Who was the poster that was shitting on me for suggesting this could be an option weeks ago?

theiaofseed I'm looking at you
Reckon it was HedgeFund.
Has never seen a mid play behind the ball or a small forward played on ball to get them involved or benefit from their skills.

Yet another perfect game as the substitute. Glenhope is probably right in his assessment that he isn't Speedy Gonzalez, but he finds time and space where others don't and provides class that we don’t have otherwise. Sam Mitchell wasn't particularly quick but used his poise and IQ to his advantage, and Mackenzie is no different. He yet again provided that spark, and we were all the better for it. The midfield split we have going on at the moment is perfect. It is great to see all our young star midfielders having an impact. Let's hope Cameron can keep this block of form up. It won't be long before he's blossoming into one of our best right before us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too clean.

At one point deep in the last quarter, in our F50, he was too clean and picked up the ball. Harris tackled him and got the free. Most other players fumble and that ball goes out for a throw in.

Hope he gets a full game soon and earns a RS nomination. It's not the end of the world, but there's no way he hasn't been one of the best performed draftees this season. He is the epitome of cleanliness and class around the ball.

Pity he isn't 6'2" and 85kgs, he would be the perfect footballer.
Vision, evasiness, clean hands and a neat kick, a lot to look forward to with this kid.

But... he is 6'2 and will likely tick over 85kgs by this pre-season.

Or was this the joke and I missed it?

Sam Mitchell Junior
Moves like him. Quick first few steps but pretty slow. But more than makes up for it with his disposal. Wasted as sub. Needs to be on the field with the ball in his hands as often as we can get it to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back