Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Pick 7, Cam MacKenzie, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different sport but is this what you mean? 🤔

Brock Lesnar Sport GIF by WWE

Or more like this? 😂
water bottle woman GIF
She doesn’t have a left either. Will never make it

Honestly, can someone back me up when I say that I can only remember Jordy using his right foot to stand on or is my memory completely hazy?

Honestly, can someone back me up when I say that I can only remember Jordy using his right foot to stand on or is my memory completely hazy?
If he didn't have a right foot then he covered it up very well as I can't remember him ever being caught out unlike someone like Jared Polec who is the worst player I have ever seen to be constantly caught out and opposition players would use it to their advantage.
Not sure I ever saw Cyril use his right foot either though.

Not so good news...re left foot. Very hard to develop a left now you'd think

One of his highlights show him failing badly to handball on his left too.

McKenzie seems to me a speculative pick... which players often are when drafted outside the top 4 or 5 and under pick 15. All clubs reach at those picks, hoping for gold, but accepting some doubt.

Will Day was speculative. Cyril Rioli was speculative. Jack Riewoltd was speculative. Great players. But many like Hunter Clarke, similarly speculative, don't meet those hopes.The slam dunks are picks 1-5 at best.

We need to hold our breath here.. I am. I am worried about McKenzie's floor.
Don't worry the kid ackowledges his short fall and advises he is working hard on his skills and strengthening his upper body. Great attitude and work ethic by MacKenzie.

McKenzie seems to me a speculative pick... which players often are when drafted outside the top 4 or 5 and under pick 15. All clubs reach at those picks, hoping for gold, but accepting some doubt.

Will Day was speculative. Cyril Rioli was speculative. Jack Riewoltd was speculative. Great players. But many like Hunter Clarke, similarly speculative, don't meet those hopes.The slam dunks are picks 1-5 at best.

Christ the kid hasn’t even played a game of AFL footy yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Age wrote an article about Colin Wisbey in November 2002. It gave his age at the time as 53 years old, so he's now in his 70s (assuming he's still with us).

Were you worried about Franko's floor too?

The Age wrote an article about Colin Wisbey in November 2002. It gave his age at the time as 53 years old, so he's now in his 70s (assuming he's still with us).

I remember the scout reports he did on Buddy and Taz back the on the Extreme Black 'n' White Collingwood supporter forum Website they were a very long read but they were excellent and the detail was amazing. My mate sent me a link to the site in 2004 don’t think he does the draft profiles any more.

Last edited:
Hi all, for those who traveled to Gippsland did anybody actually track the progress of Mackenzie? Early on there was talk that he didn't have a left foot, and there was supposedly a lot of work to be done on the non-preferred side. I'm still unsure where this one sits, but can anybody provide some commentary around where his skills are at in this space now heading into the practice matches?

Hi all, for those who traveled to Gippsland did anybody actually track the progress of Mackenzie? Early on there was talk that he didn't have a left foot, and there was supposedly a lot of work to be done on the non-preferred side. I'm still unsure where this one sits, but can anybody provide some commentary around where his skills are at in this space now heading into the practice matches?
Seriously 75 % of afl players don’t have a left foot - why this was brought up as an issue still mystifies me

Honestly did not expect Mackenzie to be ready to go.
Thought Weddle was the most likely.
Really?

MacKenzie is a ready made mid, who played the year in that position and excelled, so much so that he was seen as one of the safest bets in the top 10 to step straight into AFL footy.

Weddle on the other hand can run, but he has been asked to learn new roles with us after playing as a key back for most of 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back