List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn recruiter Mark Finnigan?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crossed paths with Mark a few times over the years well regarded in the industry has been a shift in power over last few seasons at roos is a very good get would have had many other offers if it was common knowledge he was available
Great work.

One thing that north has always seemed to do well is get ruckmans, hopefully something good brewing for the mid season, it may be just to round out our choices next week

Nothing concrete. I haven't rated what they have done with later selections recently but that could be that Luff bloke or it could be Norf development.

I wish him the best now he is in b&g though. I assume he is replacing Foley who went to HQ?

"North Melbourne have farewelled two of its key recruiters while a third is reportedly also on the way out ... national recruiting manager Mark Finnigan reportedly resigned ... Finnigan, who had been at Arden Street for 17 years, has reportedly joined Hawthorn"

From the outside, North seems to have had a good record of recruiting rucks, although I'm happy to be corrected on this. Anyway, bolstering the recruiting department stocks and getting fresh eyes would seem to be a good thing for the club.

Nothing concrete. I haven't rated what they have done with later selections recently but that could be that Luff bloke or it could be Norf development.

I wish him the best now he is in b&g though. I assume he is replacing Foley who went to HQ?
Luff was shocking, you could see it on draft night he was just picking all the players who had the highest supercoach average on the board. They’ve got one key defender on their list, 3 ruck forwards, no skill, pace or rebound in their backline, an overabundance of inside mids. It’s a terribly put together list. They’ve had some good picks but a majority of them in the first round where you should hit a lot more than you miss. Larkey and zurhaar are the only decent late picks off the top of my head. Compare that to our drafting and it’s miles off

Scouting and picking the players is only part of the equation, and one area we were short on after HQ stole Foley. Development is the key.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back