Coach Welcome to Hawthorn : Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

cs61

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Land of the Rising Sun
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great appointment. With the loss of McCrae, felt like we were missing something with our lineup, but this is a very solid addition and balances out our coaching team very, very nicely. Ex Collingwood, Freo and West Coast Intel, plus a new coach, and a new head of development should be a refreshing change for the players, a wealth of experience, and lots of new ideas. Don't reckon it will click instantly, but seems a great 'vibe' about the appointments we have made and have been very purposeful. Good to know we are still an attractive club for assistants even post Clarko.

JustKickIt

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure he's ever been officially part of our coaching team. Bloke just sort of shows up to trainings.

We probably keep him around because he has a Costco card.

He is/was...... I guess if he's still there when Harvs appears on there he is still on board.

Last edited:

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Exciting, Mitchell & Harvey two of the hardest working players you will find in recent time, dedication in preparation, sets great standards and values.

You're not wrong there... I remember that story about Harvey jumping off his kitchen bench to snap a bone in his foot to aid his recovery... (or something like that!!) :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Plantar fascia to be factual.

??

images.jpg

Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Snapping your foot bone sounds way sicker.

I know going through plantar fasciitis myself that you almost would break bones in your foot to get the pain to go away.

Really pumped that Robert Harvey is on board. As a poster said elsewhere on the board today, the next year or two are going to be fun, watching both the playing team and coaching team develop.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great appointment. With the loss of McCrae, felt like we were missing something with our lineup, but this is a very solid addition and balances out our coaching team very, very nicely. Ex Collingwood, Freo and West Coast Intel, plus a new coach, and a new head of development should be a refreshing change for the players, a wealth of experience, and lots of new ideas. Don't reckon it will click instantly, but seems a great 'vibe' about the appointments we have made and have been very purposeful. Good to know we are still an attractive club for assistants even post Clarko.
My positive feelings about our coaching appointments this off season can be summed up by the great Dennis Denuto thusly

1632315627273.png

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My favourite non Hawthorn player back in the day. Him and Scotty West.
Champions at their craft and good honest clean players.

I am sure he will bring plenty of great thinking into the coaching group and help inspire the development of of game plan and our youth

Coathanger

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2006
Cairns
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NY Yankees,Virginia Cavaliers
It's a wait and see for me. He was a known white ant at Carlton....
And of course he had Pies flying this year...
There's a reason he's at his 4th club.

May 11, 2006
Private Idaho
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Coast Racing Pigeon Club
It's a wait and see for me. He was a known white ant at Carlton....
And of course he had Pies flying this year...
There's a reason he's at his 4th club.

Please elaborate? or are you talking smack from someone's cousins sisters husband told you something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back