AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sam Mitchell
Adrian Hickmott
Chris Newman
David Hale
Robert Harvey

That is a great line up right there.

Players will have no excuses with the plethora of experience.

Welcome Harvs

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sam Mitchell
Adrian Hickmott
Chris Newman
David Hale
Robert Harvey

Welcome Harvs
Exciting, Mitchell & Harvey two of the hardest working players you will find in recent time, dedication in preparation, sets great standards and values.

Last edited:

Cyzzametimbres

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sam Mitchell
Adrian Hickmott
Chris Newman
David Hale
Robert Harvey

Welcome Harvs
I liked the way Harvey had the pies lowering their eyes going inside 50. We’ve been bombing in it for years, hopefully he can get us more cohesive going into the F50.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
For those more in the know, what's the read on Harvey. He's been an assistant for over a decade and missed out on a few head coaching roles. Just one of those good quality assistants that are better cut out for that role than the head coaching gig?
Agreed. Harvey just seems like he's too nice to be a HC. You'd think a HC to degree has to have a bit a**hole in him.

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Under Sam all the Hs:

Hickmott
Hale
Harvey
Hello Newman

1632287312906.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For those more in the know, what's the read on Harvey. He's been an assistant for over a decade and missed out on a few head coaching roles. Just one of those good quality assistants that are better cut out for that role than the head coaching gig?
I think he probably would have gotten a snr coaching gig if he weren't a StKilda player. Genuine star player and obviously knew how to better himself and do what it takes and by all reports knows the game very well and is a good coach. But i think boards would have discriminated against him not being involved in success. Most coaches are premiership players, premiership assistants, or premiership coaches in lower leagues. Especially since clarkson that has been very important for all appointments.

Longmuir is the only Snr coach i can think of that didn't have involvement in AFL premierships or state league premierships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back