toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Has a bit of the crazy strength/power a couple of the Ablett's possessed, with super athletic traits that were seen as his biggest asset leading into the draft.

Was my favorite name called out, but there's a lot more to him than athleticism.

Holy crap it's going to be good watching him, Newcombe, McDonald and Ward running around in the midfield for a decade or so. That's a super fast, hard and smart group. Good height too - no more 180cm core group.

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I too thought he was one of those slight, outside, fast hf types.
But his body has responded to training and developed surprisingly well after just one pre-season.

He might well have some untapped potential as a power athlete given his speed and progress to date.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has the potential to be better than his brother and more dynamic which would be great.
I don't mind him taking the selfish option as it shows confidence- taking the team option will come in time (same with Cmac).
He will have gone past Dan in 12-18 months imo.
Fair higher talent ceiling.

We have a gun here , just got to be patient.

I have a Melbourne supporting mate that thinks this bloke and Macdonald are no good, I can't wait to give him a reminder every week in 5 years time.
Just remind him what his whole supporter group just about thought of petracca when he was young and playing for Casey. The guy was unfit and didn't look like he would be the great player he is today. Plenty down at Casey wrote him off

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has the potential to be better than his brother and more dynamic which would be great.
I don't mind him taking the selfish option as it shows confidence- taking the team option will come in time (same with Cmac).
His underage performances were a different tier to his brother. His testing was also superior. If we got a Dan Butler i would be disappointed. I am more expecting a Joel selwood vs Scott selwood kinda trajectory

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Just remind him what his whole supporter group just about thought of petracca when he was young and playing for Casey. The guy was unfit and didn't look like he would be the great player he is today. Plenty down at Casey wrote him off
To be fair I remember a fair few around here that were calling Petracca fat and a bust pick in the trade thread

Not sure there is a bigger fan of this kid than David King.

He told Sam in their chat today today that he’d absolutely be buying a Sam Butler jumper, “putting it on the back and riding it all the way home”, in reference to the “which Hawthorn player would have fans wanting to buy their jumper and wear it” query from earlier in the week.

Disappointing to see him miss this week with a shin issue, I reckon he’s going to be one the most exciting players on our list forward of centre in 12-18 months time.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think us getting a win with SB out of the side will potentially help him develop a lot. Seeing success for your mates is wonderful, but can be incredibly frustrating/motivating if you've had a period of lacking success.
Would love for him to be back in the side ASAP- can see him having a rising star nom against Norf, St Kilda, and the WCE.

Yeah, this kid absolutely looks to have what it takes. Can’t wait to see how he goes with another season or two under his belt.
He glides across the field, but he hits hard and has flair.

Back