Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Sam Frost. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

3 (shortened) games in for Frosty.

averaging 13.3 touches @ 60%
8 kicks, 5.3 handballs
7 contested possessions
8.3 intercept possessions

3.7 turnovers
0.7 score involvements
5 marks
1.7 contested marks

2 tackles
1.66 inside 50s
3.5 rebound 50s
289 metres gained

It doesn't feel like he's been running at 60% efficiency for mine. Hasn't looked to me like he's been bad with ball in hand for the most part.

Interestingly, over 50% of his touches come as contested possessions (meaning he's winning the hard ball).

Also averaging a whopping 8.3 intercept possessions per game in shortened quarters, top 10 in the AFL.

1593142892616.png
His average of 1.7 contested marks is also top 15 in the AFL so far.
1593142983760.png
Safe to say I've been really impressed with his start to the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a breathe of fresh air, in an era of stormtroopers who will be killed if they don't follow the rules that already deserted them during the contest they just had.... which meant they weren't in a position to be the robot trained... unless they gave up the footy to the opposition.

To put that sentence in layman's tearms, no football team has practiced defending a floater. Because no footballers do that anymore. (And they took away the Rossy Faulkner that provided that) but you get the idea.

But the unknown kick to the forwardline is the greatest weapon in footy these day. They (the defence) practice for the expected every single day. The shank never happens at training if it does they stop the drill and reset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back