Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Seamus Mitchell - Pick #29 2020 ND - extends to 2025! Round 17 Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 Goals by Shagger in the scratch match, lots of forward pressure and runs down Jetta. More game time for this excitement machine 😀
Thanks Neo.

Good to hear Seamus has a traditional footy nickname. Back in the olden days every self respecting footy club had it’s fair share of Shaggers, Knackers, Wackers, Spuds and Blueys.

For younger readers I have spelt Wackers correctly.
The last sentence made me chuckle.

On moto g(7) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to hear Seamus has a traditional footy nickname. Back in the olden days every self respecting footy club had it’s fair share of Shaggers, Knackers, Wackers, Spuds and Blueys.

For younger readers I have spelt Wackers correctly.
Yep, I had a Wacka, Blood, Trashy, Bubby, Shags, Roota, Spud, Beetle, Chicken, Skeeta, etc etc.

Yep, I had a Wacka, Blood, Trashy, Bubby, Shags, Roota, Spud, Beetle, Chicken, Skeeta, etc etc.
Hammer, Stinky, Skinner, Scotty Bogan (there were 2x Scotts - 1x was a bogan), Chook & Boner shoot to mind for me.

Is he a chance of a debut late this year, or a bridge too far with fitness from his injuries for AFL?

Clarko won’t gift a debut on excitement but the reviews are getting better and better..
We're only a couple more injuries away from not having any choice but to play him.

Is he a chance of a debut late this year, or a bridge too far with fitness from his injuries for AFL?

Clarko won’t gift a debut on excitement but the reviews are getting better and better..
Maybe he can get the Conor Downie type of debut? :rolleyes:

Maybe he can get the Conor Downie type of debut? :rolleyes:
The fact he hasn’t got another game makes that even worse hey… imagine if he doesn’t come on and never gets there, that ends up being his one ‘game’.
With how rushed the medical sub rule was when it was introduced surely that’s fixed over summer? Don’t get subbed in it’s not a game..

The fact he hasn’t got another game makes that even worse hey… imagine if he doesn’t come on and never gets there, that ends up being his one ‘game’.
With how rushed the medical sub rule was when it was introduced surely that’s fixed over summer? Don’t get subbed in it’s not a game..
Plenty of players have been picked and not step on to the field, using the bench is a relatively new concept.

Plenty of players have been picked and not step on to the field, using the bench is a relatively new concept.
Reminds me of half the games I played in the A’s…. 😂
Will we see Mitchell in the AFL this year though? With Wingard not too far off and Brocky finding some form I think probably not till next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So come on then, tell us what your nicknames are/were.

Again quite unimaginative really. The first syllable of my surname which happened to end in o.

My sons played with 2 guys called Dirty and Filthy. Apparently it had more to do with their personal hygiene rather than their playing style.

Hammer, Stinky, Skinner, Scotty Bogan (there were 2x Scotts - 1x was a bogan), Chook & Boner shoot to mind for me.

the weirdest use of a nickname I came across was Doug Barwick constantly talking to himself during the match. “Well done Dougie”, “Dougie do good” etc. it seemed slightly unhinged

the weirdest use of a nickname I came across was Doug Barwick constantly talking to himself during the match. “Well done Dougie”, “Dougie do good” etc. it seemed slightly unhinged
Doug was a mad man, in under 18’s he used to make us carry bricks outstretched to our front and sides, and walk lap after lap, couldn’t lift your arms for days afterwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back