Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Seamus Mitchell - Pick #29 2020 ND - extends to 2025! Round 17 Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is going to be a massive let down on this board if he puts in an underwhelming performance when he debuts 😂
Maybe he'll need a little more polish.

There is going to be a massive let down on this board if he puts in an underwhelming performance when he debuts 😂
Heretic.

Seamus is the light and the way!

Not a great day to see what the hawks have to offer as the team was split for the scratch match. Seamus kicked Goal of the day showing some X factor but otherwise not much to report on today.
Terrible timing for the club this current outbreak. Two years in a row we can't get games into the kids or have a decent look at them.

Sam's report this week that he heeds to learn work rate worries me.
Any Box Hill watchers know what he's getting at with that statement?

Would imagine its because he's probably played 3 games of high level football for over 2 years at this point.

I wouldn’t be concerned. This year is just about getting some touches and adjusting to the level. Give him a preseason and some games and I’m sure he will acclimatise to the level required.

I wouldn’t be concerned. This year is just about getting some touches and adjusting to the level. Give him a preseason and some games and I’m sure he will acclimatise to the level required.
Thanks that's good to know,I associate work rate with effort.

I agree, I do too in a lot of cases. Just giving this kid some leeway as he's barely played football since he was 16-17, and watching his first game he was working pretty hard defensively. Just needs time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember he hasnt had a pre season and his preparation has been stop start. He will be hopefully better after this pre season
This is the player I'm almost least worried about on our list. Him being off the track for so long is detrimental, but he's also been in our environment that whole time and will get into the next pre-season in amazing nick, ready to smash things out for next year. I don't doubt that he'll have an impact next year, if he doesn't have one at all this year.

The kid is coming off a serious injury so won't have any sort of tank, and he needs to get confidence back in his body. I'm not concerned at this stage.

They are kind of one and the same thing. If you don’t have the fitness you can’t make the repeat efforts. Obviously there is a mental side in which you need to push through the pain but that is harder to do when you are not at the fitness level and are inexperienced.

They are kind of one and the same thing. If you don’t have the fitness you can’t make the repeat efforts. Obviously there is a mental side in which you need to push through the pain but that is harder to do when you are not at the fitness level and are inexperienced.

Denver a good example. Amazing work ethic & mentality but the fitness just isn’t there for consistent repeat efforts.

Most of the time I’ve ever seen him is in one of those moon boots and always as indefinite .... geez!
Hasn’t been in a moon boot for months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back