Welcome to Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell - 2018 Brownlow medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

what the hell is this in-principle agreement nonsense?

if everyone is happy then sign the god damn papers...im still nervous

also, welcome Tom.
We have probably agreed to swap, for example, the highest 'fourth round pick held' after whatever other deals we are trying to do with a few contingencies anticipated and agreed upon. We might need to move picks out before we can grab a third or fourth or even with round back in for a fringe player. Just gives certainty to Tom now and flexibility for us and/or the swans for the rest of trade period.

Another 'Steal' for the Hawks - pick 14 - Sydney must be still drowning their sorrows to agree to that. Tom Mitchell is a gun and will only get better.
Soooo jealous
They got Kennedy and Bud from us previously so they've done ok too.

Let's put the Sam Mitchell bombshell aside.

In isolation this is an excellent trade for us. Pick 14 is very good value for a 23 year old contested beast whose midfield minutes have been restricted while playing at Sydney (annoyed me in super coach!). When you consider what Collingwood sacrificed for Treloar, pick 14 is a bit of a steal. We have a 7-8 year midfield gun.

Pleasing to see how professional Sydney and Hawthorn were in getting this sorted. Both clubs have lost and gained players over the last few years and treat their players with respect on the way in and the way out. That's why more players want to go to each club.

The immature losers at Gold Coast have a lot to learn.

Last edited:
Another 'Steal' for the Hawks - pick 14 - Sydney must be still drowning their sorrows to agree to that. Tom Mitchell is a gun and will only get better.
Soooo jealous
The Bondi Billionaires are squeezing the bejesus out of their cap. Franklin's increased to 1.2mil for next year. (I think I read that somewhere)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's put the Sam Mitchell bombshell aside.

In isolation this is an excellent trade for us. Pick 14 is very good value for a 23 year old contested beast whose midfield minutes have been restricted while playing at Sydney (annoyed me in super coach!). When you consider what Collingwood sacrificed for Treloar, pick 14 is a bit of a steal. We have a 7-8 midfield gun.

Pleasing to see how professional Sydney and Hawthorn were in getting this sorted. Both clubs have lost and gained players over the last few years and treat their players with respect on the way in and the way out. That's why more players want to go to each club.

The immature losers at Gold Coast have a lot to learn.
Top post

Quick, professional, focused and effective work by GW as always has given us a welcome addition of grunt to the engine room.

If he stays healthy we may very well end up with 200 games, 2000 tackles and 6000 disposals from young Titch over the next decade.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back