Welcome to Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell - 2018 Brownlow medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Mitchell can jog on

His Collingwood Instagram video says a lot about the individual

As selfish as they come
Yep, it's not the most gracious or mature video but I imagine his ego's been a bit bruised over the last year or so. Can't be fun being manoeuvred out when you are still one of the best at what you do (sky high kicks included!)

Yep, it's not the most gracious or mature video but I imagine his ego's been a bit bruised over the last year or so. Can't be fun being manoeuvred out when you are still one of the best at what you do (sky high kicks included!)
Im going to love not seeing him run round the back of players to get a cheap handball and act like he is a great distributor and kick it 40m up 20m deep

Im going to love not seeing him run round the back of players to get a cheap handball and act like he is a great distributor and kick it 40m up 20m deep

He's in for a big 2023 at Pies. Wouldn't shock if he pushed AA selection.

As for his instagram, good on him. After all this BS attitude he copped from Hawks fans all year like your comments here.

As for selfish, you didn't spend any time at the club or events with kids? This guy did as much as anyone.

He's a true pro, Tom. Gave HFC plenty. He never complained in the media when he was put up for trade in 2021, or moved to a peripheral role in 2022.

As for his instagram, good on him. After all this BS attitude he copped from Hawks fans all year like your comments here.

As for selfish, you didn't spend any time at the club or events with kids? This guy did as much as anyone.

He's a true pro, Tom. Gave HFC plenty. He never complained in the media when he was put up for trade in 2021, or moved to a peripheral role in 2022.
1. If you didnt see him doing this, you are just willfully naĆÆve, and rightfully should have copped it, its selfish play, why do you think he was moved out

2. They are club mandated, not exactly a measure for selflessness

3. Will get dropped mid year, lock it in, pies eat their own and 9 wins under a goal with a soft draw will not occur again, especially now they will play the top 6 twice

Common Jazzfan W

Never misses this bloke.

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THOSE AT THE BACKKKKKKKK!

1. If you didnt see him doing this, you are just willfully naĆÆve, and rightfully should have copped it, its selfish play, why do you think he was moved out

2. They are club mandated, not exactly a measure for selflessness

3. Will get dropped mid year, lock it in, pies eat their own and 9 wins under a goal with a soft draw will not occur again, especially now they will play the top 6 twice
He was moved out because Sam wants to focus on the future, nothing about Toms ability.

Lol. Blokes always been a true professional, he handles himself superbly.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He was moved out because Sam wants to focus on the future, nothing about Toms ability.

Lol. Blokes always been a true professional, he handles himself superbly.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Speaks volumes of you Dom

I tried a few weeks ago with you

Lost cause

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have been a slip of the tounge.
Could have been a glimps into why he's never been considered captaincy material. Loved hanging with the young blokes.

Played some outstanding seasons pre injury. Interested to see if he can be an effective player in another, more multi dimensional, midfield.
The insta video IMO is just him trying to impress the new group he's moved to. Important to remember that a couple of weeks ago he and Gunston were signing autographs at a function in their Hawks gear. Anyways I reckon it's important to just let it slide and a get back one on the field which is where it matters. I'm sure Dimma will lay one on him which will remind him of how much he misses wearing the colours.

Barry Mitchell had one undistinguished season at Collingwood before finishing his career on a somewhat brighter note at Carlton (albeit missing out on their 95 flag).

Not saying that's what will happen to his son, but it may be worth keeping an eye on.

Interesting Tom Mitchell interview. He discusses the lead up to leaving Hawthorn. Seems a little salty.

This article summarises some of it.

Bit of a sliding doors moment when he broke his leg. I reckon he was about to become captain. After that the team fell apart and as soon as Sam became midfield coach there was a sense that Tom was no longer seen as the main man.

I wish it had been different but it's hard to feel too sorry for him now. Premiership player. Good on him.

His explanation of the supposed "mistreatment" was embarrassing. I guess it's indicative of the generation and where society is currently at. Constructive criticism is an opportunity to learn and apply those learnings towards becoming a more complete player.

Yabbie Jeans put Berite into a choker lock and made him cry , for mouthing oof at him in front of officials and teamed after he wasn't selected

I didn't hear Bertie complaining ....he won 4 flags after that incident

harden up Tommy boy

Yabbie Jeans put Berite into a choker lock and made him cry , for mouthing oof at him in front of officials and teamed after he wasn't selected

I didn't hear Bertie complaining ....he won 4 flags after that incident

harden up Tommy boy
Doesn't have a lot of relevance. thankfully players and coaches are less unhinged now. Tom's a past player, don't think our coaches would worry about it too much now.

His explanation of the supposed "mistreatment" was embarrassing. I guess it's indicative of the generation and where society is currently at. Constructive criticism is an opportunity to learn and apply those learnings towards becoming a more complete player.
Its not the criticism but being singled out (repeatedly) and focus just on one person in front of his peers, it undermines his standing as a teammate. Some people can take it. Not everybody is made like that.

Do that to me, especially without warning, and you lose my trust.
In private, you can pretty much say whatever you want to me.

Alex Ferguson understood this well.
When he wanted to get a message through to Nani for something he was doing wrong, and Fergie was angry, he'd yell at Rooney bc he knew it would motivate him or just be water off a duck's back, while Nani would hear the message and adjust accordingly, but he wouldn't be able to deal with a direct rocket.

People are just different.
As a coach, it's your job to navigate that.
Consistent principles, but accommodating differences in delivery.

Remember Dennis Rodman?!!

Its not the criticism but being singled out (repeatedly) and focus just on one person in front of his peers, it undermines his standing as a teammate. Some people can take it. Not everybody is made like that.

Do that to me, especially without warning, and you lose my trust.
In private, you can pretty much say whatever you want to me.
Come on you think this was the first time the coaches told him? He kept doing the wrong thing time and time again and was called out for it, quoting he got Brownlow votes in x game despite getting a low game rating as a defense he was playing well, says whole lot about his ability to listen.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back