Welcome to Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell - 2018 Brownlow medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me cynical, but AA selection in the past has typically appeared as though selectors begrudgingly included Hawks players in the team, though merely on a flank or as interchange (positions where our previous Mitchell found himself), so I was pleasantly surprised to see our Tom included as an actual onballer!! Will wonders never cease? I'm starting to get my hopes up for Rising Star now, which I'm hoping to win just to stick it up that flog Watson moreso than Burto to receive his due accolades (* flogs don't know how to play fair, hence their propaganda campaign). But I digress... congrats Tom, and thanks swines for giving us the pick of the crop.

Call me cynical, but AA selection in the past has typically appeared as though selectors begrudgingly included Hawks players in the team, though merely on a flank or as interchange (positions where our previous Mitchell found himself), so I was pleasantly surprised to see our Tom included as an actual onballer!! Will wonders never cease? I'm starting to get my hopes up for Rising Star now, which I'm hoping to win just to stick it up that flog Watson moreso than Burto to receive his due accolades (* flogs don't know how to play fair, hence their propaganda campaign). But I digress... congrats Tom, and thanks swines for giving us the pick of the crop.
Bit hard to deny the ball winning capabilities of the bloke that now holds the all-time record for most disposals in a H&A.

Bit hard to deny the ball winning capabilities of the bloke that now holds the all-time record for most disposals in a H&A.
Previous record holder didn't make the side last year

I agree to an extent but I also think it might be a symptom of our players just being so damn versatile. Like Hodge, where would have you put him at his best? He would have peeled off, taken a bunch of intercept marks at half back one game, got 40 touches in the clinches in another, then crept forward and kicked 3 or 4 goals in another. Bit hard to put them on the field in the squad because they were too good at multiple roles. Roughy is the same.

Grats Mitchell, easy selection.

I am half convinced they are still voting for Enright, so his votes go to the least deserving Geelong player. I think our period of success allowed me to realise it doesn't matter much though, we never filled the AA team like every other flag team did but individual awards don't mean much for the team.

Dear Tom, please come back...
All our love
Josh, Luke, Dan and Kieren...
Dear #1-#4
we have room for two at Dingley

Can you work out who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just relieved Swans didn't win it for Mitchell's sake. Would have sucked to move here for success and then miss out.

Ps. still think he's a chance for the Brownlow.

just relieved Swans didn't win it for Mitchell's sake. Would have sucked to move here for success and then miss out.

Ps. still think he's a chance for the Brownlow.

A few of the games towards the end of the year he probably didn't pick up the 3 votes which I think will cost him. Would be great to see an upset though next week!

This guy.

Came 3rd in the Brownlow last year, was All Australian, B&F winner.....and all the attention seems to be on JOM, Burton, Sicily.

Tipping another stellar year from a guy who is only 24 and hasn't played 100 games. As soon as he gets more support from the other mids, he will be so much more damaging.

This guy.

Came 3rd in the Brownlow last year, was All Australian, B&F winner.....and all the attention seems to be on JOM, Burton, Sicily.

Tipping another stellar year from a guy who is only 24 and hasn't played 100 games. As soon as he gets more support from the other mids, he will be so much more damaging.
But... But... He isn't damaging with the ball :rolleyes:

This guy.

Good point well made.

This guy.

Actually he came 2nd in the Brownlow :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back