Welcome to Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell - 2018 Brownlow medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Those numbers are very interesting.

Pendlebury got 2x5, Adams got 1x4, Sidebottom got 1x1

Howe, Mitchel and Treloar - 2 got 2+3, 1 got 1+4.

I wonder how it went, based on the comments on the night I wouldn't be surprised if Bucks votes were:

Pendlebury 5
Adams 4
Howe/Treloar 3/2 - cannot tell
Mitchell 1

And Clarko's votes were:

Pendlebury 5
Mitchell 4
Howe/Treloar 3/2 - cannot tell
Sidebottom 1
Bucks needs to be more damaging as a coach

Comeon now, not even the Sydney fans believed Mitchell was their 5th midfielder, despite how many times that utter flog Healey said it.

No one believes Jack is a superior midfielder to Mitchell. It's a laughable thought.

The others I'd be happy to accept as they are all top quality players. This year though Mitchell is playing better than all of them so far.

There were dozens of $wans posters saying he wouldn't be missed all of last season.

FULL SQUAD OF 40 Fox Footy mid year All-Australian team

DEFENDERS

Alex Rance (Richmond)

Michael Hurley (Essendon)

Robbie Tarrant (North Melbourne)

Sam Docherty (Carlton)

Rory Laird (Adelaide)

Dylan Roberton (St Kilda)

Zac Williams (GWS Giants)

Elliot Yeo (West Coast)

Daniel Talia (Adelaide)

Jeremy Howe (Collingwood)

Jayden Hunt (Melbourne)

MIDFIELDERS

Rory Sloane (Adelaide)

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong)

Dustin Martin (Richmond)

Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne)

Joel Selwood (Geelong)

Marc Murphy (Carlton)

Tom Rockliff (Brisbane)

Josh Kelly (GWS Giants)

Zach Merrett (Essendon)

Seb Ross (St Kilda)

Lachie Neale (Fremantle)

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast)

Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)

Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide)

FORWARDS

Jeremy Cameron (GWS Giants)

Josh Kennedy (West Coast)

Tom Hawkins (Geelong)

Eddie Betts (Adelaide)

Charlie Dixon (Port Adelaide)

Toby Greene (GWS Giants)

Joe Daniher (Essendon)

Luke Dahlhaus (Western Bulldogs)

Jack Riewoldt (Richmond)

Orazio Fantasia (Essendon)

Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide)

RUCKS

Sam Jacobs (Adelaide)

Shane Mumford (GWS Giants)

Ben McEvoy (Hawthorn)

Eh, hard to make a case against those that have been listed.

Tom's a victim of a lack of support, which has translated into us getting thumped several times.

Only ones I'd query are maybe Rockliff and Wines

On the other hand, kudos Big Boy

Tom's a victim of a lack of support, which has translated into us getting thumped several times.

Lachy Neale isn't qualified to tie Toms shoe laces up. And Ablett plays 2-3 games and he qualifies lol, cmon man.

He's also ahead of Gablett Jr, Merrett, Oliver and Bontempelli based on 2017 form. That's an absolute joke of an omission.

The list also doesn't include Judas in the forwards so was obviously compiled by deficient humans. I can't stand the bloke but he's almost leading the Coleman in a side that's giving him nothing. Zorko is stiff to be overlooked also.

He's also ahead of Gablett Jr, Merrett, Oliver and Bontempelli based on 2017 form. That's an absolute joke of an omission.

The list also doesn't include Judas in the forwards so was obviously compiled by deficient humans. I can't stand the bloke but he's almost leading the Coleman in a side that's giving him nothing. Zorko is stiff to be overlooked also.

Ablett had one bad game, has been excellent otherwise. Merrett is the Bombers prime mover, can't agree with you here either.

Bont and Oliver probably agree, but they're likely getting there on the back of their teams winner more, and being hype players

Franklin omission is a joke

Lachy Neale isn't qualified to tie Toms shoe laces up. And Ablett plays 2-3 games and he qualifies lol, cmon man.
Lachie Neale is a very very good footballer

FULL SQUAD OF 40 Fox Footy mid year All-Australian team

DEFENDERS

Alex Rance (Richmond)

Michael Hurley (Essendon)

Robbie Tarrant (North Melbourne)

Sam Docherty (Carlton)

Rory Laird (Adelaide)

Dylan Roberton (St Kilda)

Zac Williams (GWS Giants)

Elliot Yeo (West Coast)

Daniel Talia (Adelaide)

Jeremy Howe (Collingwood)

Jayden Hunt (Melbourne)

MIDFIELDERS

Rory Sloane (Adelaide)

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong)

Dustin Martin (Richmond)

Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne)

Joel Selwood (Geelong)

Marc Murphy (Carlton)

Tom Rockliff (Brisbane)

Josh Kelly (GWS Giants)

Zach Merrett (Essendon)

Seb Ross (St Kilda)

Lachie Neale (Fremantle)

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast)

Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)

Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide)

FORWARDS

Jeremy Cameron (GWS Giants)

Josh Kennedy (West Coast)

Tom Hawkins (Geelong)

Eddie Betts (Adelaide)

Charlie Dixon (Port Adelaide)

Toby Greene (GWS Giants)

Joe Daniher (Essendon)

Luke Dahlhaus (Western Bulldogs)

Jack Riewoldt (Richmond)

Orazio Fantasia (Essendon)

Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide)

RUCKS

Sam Jacobs (Adelaide)

Shane Mumford (GWS Giants)

Ben McEvoy (Hawthorn)
Ernie would have to be close now. If he doesn't get the Rising Star I'll lose it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a normal AFL handicap, and probably will cause Burton to finish second or third in the Rising Star.

I believe Cyril found that handicap difficult to overcome back in 2008. I think you'll find the handicap is contained in makeup of the so called "panel of experts." Filled with Hawk haters, and so envious of our success.

I believe Cyril found that handicap difficult to overcome back in 2008. I think you'll find the handicap is contained in makeup of the so called "panel of experts." Filled with Hawk haters, and so envious of our success.
I have come to call it the Anti-Hawthorn filter. Whenever you hear or read anything, you must apply a filter to get to the truth.

If we fluke it to the finals then it will be on the back of Tom Mitchell, that in itself deserves an AA spot.
Lachie Neale was included this time last year by virtue of weight of numbers, seems that the same rules don't apply this year also at the squad stage of the AA normally a rising star player would be getting a little look in as well so I'd say things don't look good for the chosen one Burton.

I know there is a thread for things head fcuked by Hawthorn and some on here say that journos don't suffer this but if Slobbo isn't suffering from alcohol abuse then he is still suffering a hang over from his last run in with Clarko and as a side note do you really think the his little cats supporting mate was going to correct him on anything Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back