Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn Tom Scully. Congratulations for finally making it onto an AFL list!

Remove this Banner Ad

How much better was Isaac Smith this year now that he's had time to build a relationship with Tom and JOM? Can only imagine that it gets better when teams have to start choosing who they pay attention to between Smith and Scully.

How much better was Isaac Smith this year now that he's had time to build a relationship with Tom and JOM? Can only imagine that it gets better when teams have to start choosing who they pay attention to between Smith and Scully.

It was a thing of beauty having the line breaking, goal kicking Smith back.

But that pic of Scull running was photoshopped!!
0ED522F7-D227-46B7-973F-8CAD5F5722E4.jpeg

Looks legit to me

Ricky went alright this year

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

With the work rate of blokes like Mitchell and Scully (who will only spend minimal minutes on the bench, probably only come off once a game or spend 95% game time), you're saving a lot of rotations. You've got 20 other fresher blokes because of it.
You can probably add Smith & Henderson to that list too

Does anyone have some actual info on how is ankle is coming along ?

The club is treating him the same as they did O'Meara in his first year here. They're allowing him to get himself right, but not putting a timeline on it. That means he'll come back when he's ready whether it be sooner or later than expected.

You'd say based on the fact he's running unstrapped that he's in fairly good condition - the bloke is a professional of the highest degree too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Scully comes good it'll really speak volumes about the worth of taking risks on seriously injured players who are also supremely professional and completely dedicated to doing everything possible to help their recovery. Already seen it with O'Meara and signs look good so far with Scully.

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Scully comes good it'll really speak volumes about the worth of taking risks on seriously injured players who are also supremely professional and completely dedicated to doing everything possible to help their recovery. Already seen it with O'Meara and signs look good so far with Scully.
He's gone now, but Burton too. His injury was horrific and many doubted he would make it as a player.

Scully was looking pretty good today - despite being managed and not training with the main group.

I have said it before, but I will not be surprised if he continues taking steps forward and puts his hand up for Round 1.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Scully was looking pretty good today - despite being managed and not training with the main group.

I have said it before, but I will not be surprised if he continues taking steps forward and puts his hand up for Round 1.
Thanks for the update and positive news, needed it today.

It's not all doom and gloom, still plenty to look forward to in 2019!

Just gimme the photoshop mate!
haha, I really wanted to take a vid.....but for fear Clarko would jump up out of nowhere, I kept the phone in my pocket.

Sep 22, 2008
Noosa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I hope he's ready too but think realistically he won't have the miles in his legs after a year off for the club to take that risk, especially with TOM down for the year. I'm sure lessons have been learnt with JOM, although that was closer to 2.5 years off the park, so the club with tread lightly and give him the necessary time to have the ankle as good as possible to see him playing consistent footy over 3/4 of the year rather than have an unexpected layoff due to soreness in or lack of conditioning around the joint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back