Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn Tom Scully. Congratulations for finally making it onto an AFL list!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, just like Hodge and Mitchell.
And Brereton before them.

Traitors, the lot of them.

To be fair, that's not where the guy is coming from and I kind of see his point. He shafted Melbourne to get the move to GWS. So be it I guess, a player has the right to look after himself.

Scully left Melbourne in very different circumstances to the three legends you mentioned above though. Mitchell and Brereton were no longer wanted by the club. The Hodge situation was a bit more murky. But none of them shafted the club and we got the best football form all three. If anything, it is fair to say the club crapped on Brereton in the end. Melbourne rightly feel they had put a lot of capital into Scully and lost him entering his prime.

The guy's point of view has some validity. But then, so did Scully's at the time.

To be fair, that's not where the guy is coming from and I kind of see his point. He shafted Melbourne to get the move to GWS. So be it I guess, a player has the right to look after himself.

Scully left Melbourne in very different circumstances to the three legends you mentioned above though. Mitchell and Brereton were no longer wanted by the club. The Hodge situation was a bit more murky. But none of them shafted the club and we got the best football form all three. If anything, it is fair to say the club crapped on Brereton in the end. Melbourne rightly feel they had put a lot of capital into Scully and lost him entering his prime.

The guy's point of view has some validity. But then, so did Scully's at the time.
Melbourne destroyed many careers. Hats off to anyone who has the sense to leave a club like that.

My father passed away earlier this year and just before his 80th birthday last year he went out to Waverley park and met with some of the players. I wasn't aware Marnus Labushagne played for Hawthorn:
1629208104422.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back