Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Having Brocky and Butler in the forward 50 together would be great.
Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

Brocky and Butler as the small forwards, releases Moore in the midfileld more where he's shown some handy recent form.

There is hope that Chad and Jars on rotation can add some xfactor forward.

In my humble opinion, another different KPF who compliments Mitch Lewis, mobile and capable hands, with a quality replacement for Jack (hopeful about Serong) and if the Brocky news is accurate, we will build a forward line capable of competing for silverware.

Butler has his chance. We look like keeping both Saunders and Seamus Lewis, so who knows.
I would still recruit another small forward and find out.

Moorey as a mid, but can play small fwd.

Would speak volumes to the culture and personal relationships within the group if he does indeed re-sign.

He was looking relatively likely to leave even prior to his shoulder injury and then once he was ruled out for the year and returned home to WA for a time I thought there was no chance.
Maybe just maybe the time away has made him realise just how much he misses the club. You know the old 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone' thing. In that video a few post back I noticed he kisses his arm band after he kicks a goal. Does anyone know what / who that was for?

Totally agree. He needs to “embrace his mates and become what Changa was. Changa worked hard for the Club, and for his people”
Plus Changa went through a very difficult time when his sister was killed in a train accident. The club said they would get him to a WA club if the price was right. Hawthorn valued him very highly and he stayed and the club and playing group gave him so much support, that he couldn’t imagine leaving and gave us great service. Have met him a few times in footy circles over here and he is a ripping bloke.

Brocky and Butler as the small forwards, releases Moore in the midfileld more where he's shown some handy recent form.

There is hope that Chad and Jars on rotation can add some xfactor forward.

In my humble opinion, another different KPF who compliments Mitch Lewis, mobile and capable hands, with a quality replacement for Jack (hopeful about Serong) and if the Brocky news is accurate, we will build a forward line capable of competing for silverware.

Butler has his chance. We look like keeping both Saunders and Seamus Lewis, so who knows.
I would still recruit another small forward and find out.

Moorey as a mid, but can play small fwd.
Jeka can certainly do the lead up chf role. Excellent user probably needs to be a bit better with leading patterns and competing in the air. But still young and building the core strength.

Many writing him and brocky off too early. We gave grimley and Obrien 7 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping! Sometimes a trip back home can open your eyes to what it actually is like compared to other places.

Not wanting to be the devil's advocate but is there a chance both WC and Freo told him they weren't interested?

Not wanting to be the devil's advocate but is there a chance both WC and Freo told him they weren't interested?

Would be bloody awesome if they have, be a free kick of massive proportions.

Can't see Wet Toast not wanting him... they were interested in him the year he was drafted, even before they became a train wreck. Argument that Freo need a Walters replacement too.

Last edited:
Has he actually signed on?

People might be getting ahead of themselves...
I've been wondering the same thing. Would be funny (not really) if we've all got excited over a mistake made by a reporter. Just have to be patient and hope the report is right.

Tyler Brockman​

“Unfortunately, Brocky wasn’t able to play any football this year through injury and while that’s disappointing for him, hopefully he realises how much the game means to him and how much impact a fit and healthy version of himself could have on the team. He attacked his rehab well and will hopefully set the platform for a good summer.” David Hale.

Tyler Brockman​

“Unfortunately, Brocky wasn’t able to play any football this year through injury and while that’s disappointing for him, hopefully he realises how much the game means to him and how much impact a fit and healthy version of himself could have on the team. He attacked his rehab well and will hopefully set the platform for a good summer.” David Hale.

I don’t know what to make of that, haha.

I don’t know what to make of that, haha.
I'd think it's making reference of how he felt early in the year, and then his commitment to his rehab which has put him in a better place.

I'd think it's making reference of how he felt early in the year, and then his commitment to his rehab which has put him in a better place.
Tough for a kid his age, being away from home to play football and not being able to play football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back