Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct. He is one of those players that we should be offering $500k a year for 2 years and get him signed.

Make an offfer to the kid that excites and motivates him.
Jesus I rate the kid but I don’t know how you pay him $500k off the back of 11 games in 2 seasons, and keep a straight face when a bloke like Dylan Moore who’s busted his gut for 5 years and is probably on something closer to $350k.

Correct. He is one of those players that we should be offering $500k a year for 2 years and get him signed.

Make an offfer to the kid that excites and motivates him.
Or perhaps make an offer to him which is a fraction more generous than 11 games in 2 years is worth, and far below what Dylan Moore and Jai Newcombe are getting.

Or perhaps make an offer to him which is a fraction more generous than 11 games in 2 years is worth, and far below what Dylan Moore and Jai Newcombe are getting.

Forget everyone else, just make an offer that's enough for him to stay.

Even if he wants to go back home to the West, he's not exactly going to have a lot of salary bargaining power given there's only two teams there.

If you need to bribe someone to make them stay, then best they go.

Hoping he's signed on for another couple of years and it's on the hush hush, till we can get some clean press air to release.
I think the club would release Brockman signing on as it would create some clean air

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which means we could still lose him end of next season if he wants to go.
Hopefully he decides to extend further next year.
I get the feeling if he wanted to go it would’ve been this year, could’ve walked for nothing and there’s nothing we could do about it.

Stoked about this in a massive way!

I get the feeling Jaylon Thorp was a massive reason for him staying tbh. They seem to have a really solid bond.

Incidentally, when I saw him a few weeks back he was looking noticeably bigger- very keen to see him playing from round one in 2023 :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back