Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Those two signed on for rookie wages so probably not much more than brockman was on.
Think again.

Moore’s 2 year extension at the end of 2021 was after he finished 4th in the PCM. He would be on $300k+ now.

Newcombe was given a 30 month contract on a $170k base plus match payments and other incentives. He will have hit those easily. No doubt $250k+

Rookie wage in 2022 was $82k.

Brockman should be getting around $200k - $250k at most.

Brilliant news - has the potential to be elite
Hope he learns from his mate Shai on how to take the next step to being an genuine AFL talent.

Gerat news. I wonder whether the 1 year is driven by the club, or him? I would have thought that 2 years would have been the norm for a player in a similar situation.

My guess is he talked about going home and the club said to give it another year with no injuries and see how he feels.

Its a great opportunity for him.

Strange to only sign for 1 year

Surely West Coast, who were apparently keen to draft him, would’ve offer him a contract?
It is interesting. I wonder if this is player manager driven in that the club wanted say 2 years but his manager pushed for one?

If he had a breakout year next year it would put him in a much better position for a heftier new contract especially if both WA teams are chasing him. Curious if perhaps this is the thinking since I think it's pretty clear he has heaps of potential.

Strange to only sign for 1 year

Makes perfect sense though, he gets a new contract for 2024 after having a chance to prove himself and up his value.

Whether he stays with us or goes home, this is the perfect way for him to benefit more financially from playing AFL.

As everyone has pointed out here pretty much, his value based on performance is pretty limited given he's a 3rd year player in 2023 with less than a dozen games under his belt.

I love him, I can't wait to see him develop into the player he will likely become. I just hope it's with us, and we're able get him invested in this rebuild – if he was half as into it as most folks on this board are, he'll be a Hawk for life!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brocky looks a very clever and versatile forward. Thrilled if he is around for next year. Hopefully that shoulder is right from Round 1 and he can make an impact

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brocky & Jeka (2 of the most talented on the list) going beast mode in our forward line next year.

Lewis, Jeka, Kozi, Wingard, Breust, Brocky.

Lock them in every week and let it rip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back