Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with Ollie is NOT when he is in close and has the ball. His intinctive moves are really top shelf.

It's when he has time and space that something goes seriously wrong with his decision-making and disposal.

He really is way better when he doesn't have to think.

The problem with Ollie is NOT when he is in close and has the ball. His intinctive moves are really top shelf.

It's when he has time and space that something goes seriously wrong with his decision-making and disposal.

He really is way better when he doesn't have to think.
I disagree. The barrier for him is work-rate and pressure. He’s improving fast in that regard, but still behind the 8-ball

Don’t reckon you have any idea what you’re talking about. Ollie’s shortcomings have nothing to do with his ball use. He is good ball in hand. The problem has been his competitiveness, work off the ball (has laid 6 tackles in 6 games this year, whereas I think Breust had 6 last week alone), work into good positions where he can get more of the ball. His yips in front of goal set him back as well.

All gd. Agree to disagree. Like has been said numerous times by many on this board, who watch alot of Hawthorn. With ball in hand and with time and space, he can't hit the back side of a barn. Watch him closely today, I'm prepared to eat my words

Not playing at Box Hill today. Are we to assume he’s playing seniors next week after a rest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brockman will never be a high disposal forward, he gets his 10 or so touches, averages over a goal a game and adds much needed pressure, he moves beautifully, has good speed in bursts, can withstand the pressure of important moments to kick goals, these are all good traits, its sad seeing a bloke with all of these good traits go back to the VFL get injured, come back with some good impact footy and not get back into the AFL side that needs pressure, high impact goal kickers, i just hope he gets back in sooner than later, he is exactly the type of player who needs games put into them imo.

Brockman will never be a high disposal forward, he gets his 10 or so touches, averages over a goal a game and adds much needed pressure, he moves beautifully, has good speed in bursts, can withstand the pressure of important moments to kick goals, these are all good traits, its sad seeing a bloke with all of these good traits go back to the VFL get injured, come back with some good impact footy and not get back into the AFL side that needs pressure, high impact goal kickers, i just hope he gets back in sooner than later, he is exactly the type of player who needs games put into them imo.
If we are only going to enter forward fifty 35 times a game we need low possession, high efficiency players to ensure we kick a score!

Can we try him in midfield for sometime considering his speed burst and class which we are missing?

Can we try him in midfield for sometime considering his speed burst and class which we are missing?
eventually.....but not now

It takes most players at least 3-4 pre-seasons to get the engine to be an AFL midfielder. Blokes like Walsh and Rowell are just freaks

eventually.....but not now

It takes most players at least 3-4 pre-seasons to get the engine to be an AFL midfielder. Blokes like Walsh and Rowell are just freaks

I get your point, but really, we could name 100 players that have play midfield well in season 1 or 2... just not really at Hawthorn as they mostly come from early picks.

It's fair to say turning small forwards into being able to run through the midfield takes 3-4 pre-seasons but.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back