Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Sep 22, 2008
Noosa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I don't know who the 2 guys in HBD's podcast link are but saying he could turn out like like Trac or Bennell, 2 X former pick No. 2's, in terms of skills and explosiveness is a huge wrap for a 3rd rounder.

Would be stoked for him and the club if he becomes a best 22.

A bit of Will Day about this pick too being he wouldn't have been on the radar 12 months ago but as able to play in WA, got a chance to show his wares.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't know who the 2 guys in HBD's podcast link are but saying he could turn out like like Trac or Bennell, 2 X former pick No. 2's, in terms of skills and explosiveness is a huge wrap for a 3rd rounder.

Would be stoked for him and the club if he becomes a best 22.

A bit of Will Day about this pick too being he wouldn't have been on the radar 12 months ago but as able to play in WA, got a chance to show his wares.
No doubt he has potential. And this is the time of year for talking up that potential as much as possible 😂

Some interesting comments there. Pretty excited with this pick.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
What’s the timestamp of the comments, because all I have heard is that the Hawks took him and that he has some xfactor, at the 22 minute mark.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
What’s the timestamp of the comments, because all I have heard is that the Hawks took him and that he has some xfactor, at the 22 minute mark.

The comments about how he reminds them of Petracca and Harley Bennell

Ok just re-listened. You may be listening to a different one. This is prior to the draft so no mention of Hawthorn taking him. They do mention West Coast are keen.

They speak about him for about a minute from 22:50 onwards and the player comparison comments are 23:40 - 24:00

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There are 2 podcasts both mysteriously numbered #58

The one Dash references is preview, not review

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
That's never a bad thing when you pick up a WA prospect
I know they Brought up Winder a couple of times for breakfast at Laika (coffee shop right next to the training base)

They had a weird draft, they only landed one guy they thought they would, usually they get 70% of the kids they want, We took Tyler, So they took a Punt on Tyson's kid, Then kind of realised Zane was still on the board and took him

Good to see Tyler in our colours.

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's never a bad thing when you pick up a WA prospect

The only thing that is of concern is a Tim Kelly type situation.

There are 2 podcasts both mysteriously numbered #58

The one Dash references is preview, not review
That’s what got me.

oddly enough after now listening to both the preview and review they both talk of Brockman at the 22 minute mark, which didn’t help.🤪

dermott

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Portsea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Apparently he can tackle in addition to his other attributes. Speedy small forward who can tackle? What is not to like about that addiction to our list.

HAWKSBESTEVA

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tim kelly went home because he had a young family with sick kids and his wife wanted to go home for more family support.

I mean if we get a couple of years and then he turns into 2 first round picks that's not the end of the world

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Geelong majorly pissed him and his wife off with contract negotiations and how they handled it all. Sitting down for 30 minutes and listening to Kelly's needs rather then "We don't run a day-care we pay you already you deal with it" would of probably saved them that

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Screenshot_20201213-145706_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201213-150013_Chrome.jpg

Geez I'm hoping for a nickname like 'Roof' for the young man. So after Breust is gone the crowd can then yell 'Rooooooof' which will sound better than 'Kennnnnnt' 😝
Took a while for Channel 7 to work out we weren't booing Breust. I wonder how long they'd censor the live broadcasts until they realise we were just yelling "Kennnnt"

Back