Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

I think if there's a correlation between young indigenous players and a want to head home, someone's entitled to point that out.
So the question that has to be asked is do young indigenous players want to go home more often than non-indigenous players, because if they don’t, but people keep suggesting that they do, then yes, that is indeed casual racism.

The last time Hawthorn recruited a small forward from Western Australia :think:

images

badboybobba

All Australian
Sep 14, 2005
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His interviews on Hawks TV were the least impressive fo the new recruits. Actually so is his hair cut. :greenalien:

Hope he has a great pre-season and puts his hand up for a forward pocket spot in round 1.

Best of luck Tyler !!
He won’t be playing early, has come to the club with some injuries that need to be rectified, will interrupt his preseason. Don’t expect much from this years draftees, covid has significantly stalled development and clubs awareness of incoming players at all clubs not just ours.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
He won’t be playing early, has come to the club with some injuries that need to be rectified, will interrupt his preseason. Don’t expect much from this years draftees, covid has significantly stalled development and clubs awareness of incoming players at all clubs not just ours.

I think for the Vic kids but didn;t the WA kids play a lot of footy in 2020?

With Stratts and Frawley gone and Sicily injured, would be very surprised if we did not see Hyphen playing AFL-level football this year.

Definitely should be reluctant to draft anyone who does not interview well... that's why we do interviews... you do get that right???
:rolleyes:
This may have flown through to the keeper...

JZedd

Team Captain
Feb 24, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not worried at all about his shy interview. It's not like he said he'll miss his family a lot, which would give us early warning bells. I think Burgoyne can help enormously in his new Hawks Aboriginal role.
This kid has X Factor, pace, skills, etc. I think he'll blossom in our great club.
After Denver I'm most excited about Tyler. Let's give him time and watch him develop.

On Topic

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Relax people. He is just a nervous kid in front of a camera. He looked no different to half the kids being assessed on an oral presentation at high school.

Back