Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1616307707114.png

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t think he realises yet but he is a lot better then most on the field, is two steps in front of other players at all times, once he realises he will have even more chances to score or impact

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
I don’t think he realises yet but he is a lot better then most on the field, is two steps in front of other players at all times, once he realises he will have even more chances to score or impact
Yep. Even the first mark and goal which wasn't as flashy, he read the ball a full second before his opponent. It looked like an easy uncontested mark, even though he wasn't in clear best position. His straight up leap protects the ball quite well.

And his defensive work was pure class.

I'm trying not to blow the lid off with a C**** comparison but he keeps tempting me.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Yep. Even the first mark and goal which wasn't as flashy, he read the ball a full second before his opponent. It looked like an easy uncontested mark, even though he wasn't in clear best position. His straight up leap protects the ball quite well.

And his defensive work was pure class.

I'm trying not to blow the lid off with a C**** comparison but he keeps tempting me.

If we took Brockman at pick 46, imagine how good Mitchell is going to be as he went with our second round pick 👌

Really keen to see what this kid has. Electric speed apparently. Yes pls.

If you take his draft combine results, he's quicker and more athletic than Kent is.

Ran a faster sprint and also did really well in the leap tests.

As soon as I saw him lining up the banana I knew it was going through. Have seen him do that same kick plenty of times when I have attended practice. Kid is a gun
Went back and slotted it as casually as a kick from the top of the goal square. Absolutely next level. West Coast are no doubt doing everything they can behind the scenes to try and get him back over to the west ASAP.

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
Went back and slotted it as casually as a kick from the top of the goal square. Absolutely next level. West Coast are no doubt doing everything they can behind the scenes to try and get him back over to the west ASAP.
Agree - how the hell do we stop that! Need to get his family/partner/dog etc. moved over ASAP.

Agree - how the hell do we stop that! Need to get his family/partner/dog etc. moved over ASAP.
That would certainly help, but ultimately I think he just needs to enjoy being around the club and playing for us. Which seems like a big tick so far.

Does seem to have the power to produce long Hawthorn careers.
Amazing to think that since 1976 only three players have run out onto the ground wearing that number.

Back