Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to get more speed in the forward fifty and Moore doesn’t have it. Ollie and brockman could form a better pressure partnership. Moore is fighting for cousins position in the side for mine. Moore needs to play higher to take advantage of is aerobic capacity.
Yeah, I don't think you're going to get much pressure out of Ollie. Moore, on the other hand ....

In the 6 games they have played together this year, Moore has had 19 tackles to Hanrahan 6.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think you're going to get much pressure out of Ollie. Moore, on the other hand ....
Ollie isn’t lightning but he is faster than Moore. Ollie has been chasing hard recently but there isn’t anyone else there to close the net like when we had poppy and Rioli. Got to get them together to see how it goes.

Ollie isn’t lightning but he is faster than Moore. Ollie has been chasing hard recently but there isn’t anyone else there to close the net like when we had poppy and Rioli. Got to get them together to see how it goes.

Isn't the other Mitchell quick too?
Is he a chance in that role?

If Moore was as fast as Ollie, I’d chose Moore as a player. But he isn’t so here we are.

I think Moore looks mentally flat. Lost confidence from early in the season and I think the club wanted to give him a break last week but couldn’t due to the late out of Gunston.

I guess we wait for teams to be announced but just providing my opinion on what I see.
Yeah fair enough didn’t mean to jump down your throat. The way I see it is that Moore has nothing more to learn at box hill. We’ve seen him put together good games, and now the challenge is to bring that every week and I think just have to accept that it’s a work in progress, but that’s true for the whole forward line, and they need games together.

On the comparison with Ollie:

- Dylan Moore has a couple of real standout traits. We know his endurance is second-to-none. His ability to use his body in contested situations is outstanding. He is a really serviceable marking target because of that ability to use his body. He tackles hard and intimidates the opposition.

- Ollie probably lacks any one standout trait. He has a modest turn of speed, neat skills, goal-kicking nous, he is a good decision-maker. He has surprised me this year because after round 1 I was just about ready to write him off as a downhill skier who cared more about his hair than his teammates. His game against Melbourne showed that he’s actually willing and able to improve on his major deficiencies (his set-shots, his tackling and physicality). So I’m just observing for the moment, if he keeps plugging away and getting a bit more of the ball, who knows.

Yeah fair enough didn’t mean to jump down your throat. The way I see it is that Moore has nothing more to learn at box hill. We’ve seen him put together good games, and now the challenge is to bring that every week and I think just have to accept that it’s a work in progress, but that’s true for the whole forward line, and they need games together.

- Dylan Moore has a couple of real standout traits. We know his endurance is second-to-none. His ability to use his body in contested situations is outstanding. He is a really serviceable marking target because of that ability to use his body. He tackles hard and intimidates the opposition.

- Ollie probably lacks any one standout trait. He has a modest turn of speed, neat skills, goal-kicking nous, he is a good decision-maker. He has surprised me this year because after round 1 I was just about ready to write him off as a downhill skier who cared more about his hair than his teammates. His game against Melbourne showed that he’s actually willing and able to improve on his major deficiencies (his set-shots, his tackling and physicality). So I’m just observing for the moment, if he keeps plugging away and getting a bit more of the ball, who knows.
Dylan Moore intimidates the opposition. Now, I have heard it all. Thanks.

Moore gets front and square naturally. You can depend on him to be there. Great quality especially as we become a stronger side. Will be an asset.

Ollie has a freaky read the ball off the contest quality that is like Breust. But Ollie can fumble and also panic when he gets it unlike Breust who has done the hard bit and the rest is shelling peas. Ollie has quick feet so can shuffle quickly but often can't quite coordinate ball to foot so is still hit and miss but his peaks seem to be getting higher.

Got to keep pumping games into both as different small fwds.

Happy to chuck a few more games into Ollie and Moore. Both needed to and have improved this season. Both need to keep improving but I am not sure either has the physical capacities to cause much damage. Post bye, I'd be looking at Morris and Brockman.

Happy to chuck a few more games into Ollie and Moore. Both needed to and have improved this season. Both need to keep improving but I am not sure either has the physical capacities to cause much damage. Post bye, I'd be looking at Morris and Brockman.
This x100 they gain nothing from
Vfl anymore need to develop at AFL even if they don’t make it ultimately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously! Last 11 posts without Brockman being mentioned. Have your debate in another thread or heaven forbid start a new one.

His endurance is second to none*

*besides CJ and Maginness at Hawthorn alone

Seriously though, I like Moore - but his acceleration is s**t for a short player, and short players are supposed to have an advantage in acceleration.

Yeh seems weird we were so keen to play him in the early rounds and now we are crying out for a player like him he can't get back in .
Suspect its Clarko giving Moore and Hanrahan a sustained run to either "make it or else" scenario.

If they don't grab the opportunity, suspect they'll then be banished to the VFL until delisting.

Brockman the long term option can continue to hone his craft at VFL for now

Call me crazy but ollie the clanger king with neat skills and good decision making 🤦‍♂️..... Just no. He has, like someone just posted, ability to get ball to boot quickly i.e., reflexes and agility with a bit of zip. They are literally his only standout traits. Body strength, footy nous, tackling, marking, kicking, top speed, endurance etc., are all poor or below AFL standard.

In the modern age as a SF if you can't apply effective defensive pressure you are a liability. He is a liability in this aspect.

Not sure you can drop him for Brockman yet because Brockman is clear shirking contests and will take time to get used to the physicality of AFL. When it clicks, which it will 👀👀👀

Call me crazy but ollie the clanger king with neat skills and good decision making 🤦‍♂️..... Just no. He has, like someone just posted, ability to get ball to boot quickly i.e., reflexes and agility with a bit of zip. They are literally his only standout traits. Body strength, footy nous, tackling, marking, kicking, top speed, endurance etc., are all poor or below AFL standard.

In the modern age as a SF if you can't apply effective defensive pressure you are a liability. He is a liability in this aspect.

Not sure you can drop him for Brockman yet because Brockman is clear shirking contests and will take time to get used to the physicality of AFL. When it clicks, which it will 👀👀👀
Don’t reckon you have any idea what you’re talking about. Ollie’s shortcomings have nothing to do with his ball use. He is good ball in hand. The problem has been his competitiveness, work off the ball (has laid 6 tackles in 6 games this year, whereas I think Breust had 6 last week alone), work into good positions where he can get more of the ball. His yips in front of goal set him back as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back