Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d even say Mark Williams… 🤷🏻‍♂️
This is the right answer. Went back and watched some highlights of Williams the other week, forgot just how good he was. Underrated really given he spent most of his time at the Hawks when we were average and rebuilding. Bud and Rough sort of stole the limelight but before they got their peak, Williams was our go to forward.

This is the right answer. Went back and watched some highlights of Williams the other week, forgot just how good he was. Underrated really given he spent most of his time at the Hawks when we were average and rebuilding. Bud and Rough sort of stole the limelight but before they got their peak, Williams was our go to forward.

Yep. You don't have back to back 60 goal seasons if you're not much chop!

Was a (shot)gun! ;)

.....I'll see myself out

Brocky is Brocky.
Not Breust, Cyril, Williams or anybody else.
He's gonna be something special with his own mix of talent, just like all of the names above.
From watching him play Colts over here for Subiaco, he has always reminded me of Shai Bolton. I believe after a couple more seasons, he will move into the midfield a bit like Bolton has.

From watching him play Colts over here for Subiaco, he has always reminded me of Shai Bolton. I believe after a couple more seasons, he will move into the midfield a bit like Bolton has.

He has the vision and hands in close. He made progress on his toughness at the end of the season and will need to keep progressing to take his game to the middle. Would be very fun to see in bursts.

I get strong Brad Hill vibes from him
Will end up back in WA

DGB is the one scaring me at the moment. Did anyone listen to this podcast

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/where-do-we-begin/class-of-2020-denver-grainger-barras-2/

Clearly struggled throughout the year being away from home. His best mate at the club is the player development/welfare bloke and he almost chokes up when mentioning him. I know they are pro's but can't help but feel for these kids fresh out of high school in this Covid situation and can't get back to see family and girlfriends/mates etc.

Even if he did one day leave, I don't think I could ever begrudge him! He is just such a legend. Well worth a listen for the insights about Clarko/Sammy and different styles of coaching. I got the impression he wasn't as keen on Clarko as he was pre-draft last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/where-do-we-begin/class-of-2020-denver-grainger-barras-2/

Clearly struggled throughout the year being away from home. His best mate at the club is the player development/welfare bloke and he almost chokes up when mentioning him. I know they are pro's but can't help but feel for these kids fresh out of high school in this Covid situation and can't get back to see family and girlfriends/mates etc.

Even if he did one day leave, I don't think I could ever begrudge him! He is just such a legend. Well worth a listen for the insights about Clarko/Sammy and different styles of coaching. I got the impression he wasn't as keen on Clarko as he was pre-draft last year.
Well that doesn’t sound great…

Well that doesn’t sound great…
Yeh not saying it will happen or anything. Can turn around pretty quickly. Maybe his GF will move over or something and he develops some better relationships in and outside of footy.

Yeh not saying it will happen or anything. Can turn around pretty quickly. Maybe his GF will move over or something and he develops some better relationships in and outside of footy.
Sounds like there is far more in this then the brockman could be marbo leaving vibes, will have to check out the podcast

Sounds like there is far more in this then the brockman could be marbo leaving vibes, will have to check out the podcast
It's a good listen. Just affirms how much of a ripper he is. I hazard a guess that the club might tell him to reign in a bit when doing media because he gives a fair bit away about how badly the coaching situation played out. Anyway. Back on Brocky ,⭐⭐⭐

Just had a listen. No doubt it was a challenge for him this year. But it's a big life change made more difficult by the COVID situation preventing his family and friends from being able to visit him. Hopefully with vaccinations it won't be an issue next year and they can travel over more. He seems genuinely excited about the club and talks very warmly of his teammates. I'll start getting worried if we haven't got him extended by mid-season next year.

Just had a listen. No doubt it was a challenge for him this year. But it's a big life change made more difficult by the COVID situation preventing his family and friends from being able to visit him. Hopefully with vaccinations it won't be an issue next year and they can travel over more. He seems genuinely excited about the club and talks very warmly of his teammates. I'll start getting worried if we haven't got him extended by mid-season next year.
I didn't take it too seriously feels like he's an open book that rambles a lot,

I didn't take it too seriously feels like he's an open book that rambles a lot,
Yeah and I think that fact will help out in the long run. If he's having any home sickness issues then I doubt he'll have any problems opening up to get the support. As opposed to quietly letting it fester until he requests a trade home.

Silver linings...

IF he wanted to go home next year we wouldn't be letting him leave for less than a first round selection. There are our 2 first rounders in the same draft everybody wants so dearly.

Think Denver might be the sort of bloke who can see through this tough period though.

Silver linings...

IF he wanted to go home next year we wouldn't be letting him leave for less than a first round selection. There are our 2 first rounders in the same draft everybody wants so dearly.

Think Denver might be the sort of bloke who can see through this tough period though.
Agree. It can turn pretty quickly. Hopefully more access to WA is not too far away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back