News Welcome to Hawthorn Tyrone Vickery's cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is full of keyboard heroes.

Full of Richmond supporters it sounds like. Eating their own.

TV had a poor year, but some of the criticism leveled at him is completely unfounded. Saying he doesn't work hard enough because someone heard it from a Richmond supporter. No evidence for that whatsoever.

Is this muppet still on our list, even if we don't find a suitor to orchestrate a trade,
delist him now where going to do it at the end of next season anyway. Save time and develop a rookie in his spot. Cut our losses pay him out.
That the type of impression you want to give to the rest of the league - play sh*t for a year & we'll delist you?

What affect do you think that might have on our standing as a 'Destination Club'? Guys with any doubt or coming back from injury or moving interstate would lose interest. And, it would be a sh*t thing to do anyway.

Good plan though

That the type of impression you want to give to the rest of the league - play sh*t for a year & we'll delist you?

What affect do you think that might have on our standing as a 'Destination Club'? Guys with any doubt or coming back from injury or moving interstate would lose interest. And, it would be a sh*t thing to do anyway.

Good plan though

Why use logic though when we can just use raw, irrational emotion!

Good plan though

Thats the exact impression i want to give to the league.. in tyrone specific case he was struggling to get a game at richmond his afl career was over no team wanted him, hawthorn showed him hope, he of field and on field has been disgusting a new club you should have your head down and bum up attitude be working your backside off on and off the ground!!

we have stuck fat with langford and schoenmakers who have produced meidocre performances for years,
we stuck buy alex woodward for years and we backed our selfs to recruit and turn burgoyne and jager career threating injurys around.

so in short yes if u don't work your backside of at hawthorn on and off the field when you can't play games you will be shown the door.
we will always be a destination club with continued success and faith in players like burgoyne and jage. Jager is a classic example who does everything right off the field while he continues to find form.

Thats the exact impression i want to give to the league.. in tyrone specific case he was struggling to get a game at richmond his afl career was over no team wanted him, hawthorn showed him hope, he of field and on field has been disgusting a new club you should have your head down and bum up attitude be working your backside off on and off the ground!!

we have stuck fat with langford and schoenmakers who have produced meidocre performances for years,
we stuck buy alex woodward for years and we backed our selfs to recruit and turn burgoyne and jager career threating injurys around.

so in short yes if u don't work your backside of at hawthorn on and off the field when you can't play games you will be shown the door.
we will always be a destination club with continued success and faith in players like burgoyne and jage. Jager is a classic example who does everything right off the field while he continues to find form.

How do you know what he is doing on the training pitch and around the club in regards to working hard? Sure his performances in the seniors weren't stellar - that doesn't mean he hasn't been trying in some capacity.

Just because of one sensationalist news item (which was more Jake King's wrongdoing - and something of which Ty has faced no charged and zero follow-up stories about) you think he's done for?

I guess this is why juries are made up of 12 people, not just one.

How do you know what he is doing on the training pitch and around the club in regards to working hard? Sure his performances in the seniors weren't stellar - that doesn't mean he hasn't been trying in some capacity.

Just because of one sensationalist news item (which was more Jake King's wrongdoing - and something of which Ty has faced no charged and zero follow-up stories about) you think he's done for?

I guess this is why juries are made up of 12 people, not just one.

There are a lot of rumours going around that the club has not been happy with his onfield or off field behaviour. Getting suspended twice at BHH in the last few weeks am sure did not help.

I'm willing to be the rumours are true... and not just a journo making stuff up.

he's very much in the mould of a Tippett or Jessie White in that he can take a ripping mark and kick a big goal, but goes missing 90% rest of game.
Still has it in him to turn it around, but will have to put in a pre season of his life.. Confidence is everything.

I've got all the time in the world for every other player on the list, but having seen vickery for years at Richmond and now go backwards at Hawthorn my personal opinion is he is an enormous list clogger for the money he is on and the fact that we are never going to see him reach (almost forgotten) potential.
Could anyone see him playing a role in a big pressure game? I can't. I feel that if the club are unhappy with him like some reports suggest then he shouldn't see a 2nd year on his contract, and give someone else a go.

There are a lot of rumours going around that the club has not been happy with his onfield or off field behaviour. Getting suspended twice at BHH in the last few weeks am sure did not help.

I'm willing to be the rumours are true... and not just a journo making stuff up.
Regardless, MrZohs' suggestion was that we delist & pay him out.

Not only is that ridiculous from an investment & resilience perspective, it somewhat ironically undoes all the hard work we've done with other players, which Zohs points out, yet wants us (in this case) to turn our back & walk away from.

Emotion aside: this is a 7yr AFL (more?), 200cm Forward/Ruck that will cost us $500k in 2018, regardless where he's playing. Given that we're paying for him, we may as well use him to the best of our wants/needs & I'm sure that doesn't involve paying him to sit at home for 12 months...

Clarko on Footy Classified said they had his exit meeting today, and both agreed this year didn't pan out as both would have liked
When pushed by Hutchy on whether he will be traded, Clarko said no, you don't move on someone after 1 year when you bring them in
If TV isn't at Hawthorn next year, it will be his decision, not Hawthorn's

Kind of left it out there that he might be off, but only if that's what TV wants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's too early to tell the guy to pack his bags.

He had a disaster year - but we gave him a contract of 2 or 3 years and we have to stick by that.

I don't think it'll work out. I was disappointed when we picked him up - but we gotta give it a crack. I can't think of any other examples of players shifting clubs, having a bad year and then coming back as strong role players but maybe it could happen.

If we can get Vickery or Ceglar to actually perform as a forward/ruck (that is, kick 20-30 goals for the season and relieve in the ruck when required) then Roughy can become the roving player that suits him best.

s**t, who knows, with Brichall and Stratton back maybe Gunston will even be a forward line player. We could look really different next year. It's another chance for Vickery to put his hand up for a role.

The exit interview would have been pretty blunt. Ty is probably used to that because Dimma is a very direct coach as well, but by now, Vickery would have learned that he needed more than a change of scenery to get to his best. Now he's got an off season to give it a crack.

I think it's too early to tell the guy to pack his bags.

He had a disaster year - but we gave him a contract of 2 or 3 years and we have to stick by that.

I don't think it'll work out. I was disappointed when we picked him up - but we gotta give it a crack. I can't think of any other examples of players shifting clubs, having a bad year and then coming back as strong role players but maybe it could happen.

If we can get Vickery or Ceglar to actually perform as a forward/ruck (that is, kick 20-30 goals for the season and relieve in the ruck when required) then Roughy can become the roving player that suits him best.

s**t, who knows, with Brichall and Stratton back maybe Gunston will even be a forward line player. We could look really different next year. It's another chance for Vickery to put his hand up for a role.

The exit interview would have been pretty blunt. Ty is probably used to that because Dimma is a very direct coach as well, but by now, Vickery would have learned that he needed more than a change of scenery to get to his best. Now he's got an off season to give it a crack.

That's the trouble, it doesn't look like he cares. Maybe he does. But it sure as hell looks like he is just doing enough to get by.
I thought it would work. Kick 20 - 30 a year, Poppy & co running around at his feet. I guess that was made hard with Poppy & Sizzle missing so much footy, as well as some atrocious delivery into the forward line, & he just went from bad to worse.
Then there was the off field stuff! Jeeeezus how dumb can you be :rolleyes:
Hope he can turn it around, but I've lost faith.

Ever since Russell Greene came over from the Saints I've had a warm inner glow about every traded player. Can we get him to play out of his skin and make his former team envious. Still possible for TV.

Regardless, MrZohs' suggestion was that we delist & pay him out.

Not only is that ridiculous from an investment & resilience perspective, it somewhat ironically undoes all the hard work we've done with other players, which Zohs points out, yet wants us (in this case) to turn our back & walk away from.

Emotion aside: this is a 7yr AFL (more?), 200cm Forward/Ruck that will cost us $500k in 2018, regardless where he's playing. Given that we're paying for him, we may as well use him to the best of our wants/needs & I'm sure that doesn't involve paying him to sit at home for 12 months...

All depends how you look at it. If you hire someone for a job and see they are not the right fit for your work place they bring a negativity to the work place. Do u keep them only because you hired them for 3 years. Or do u remove the stain bring in a fresh face and attitude, I personally remove the stain . I find it ludacris that you would keep a bad worker purely because you payed them for a 3yr contract.

All depends how you look at it. If you hire someone for a job and see they are not the right fit for your work place they bring a negativity to the work place. Do u keep them only because you hired them for 3 years. Or do u remove the stain bring in a fresh face and attitude, I personally remove the stain . I find it ludacris that you would keep a bad worker purely because you payed them for a 3yr contract.
I contemplated the same thing when I read this post below.

Is this muppet still on our list, even if we don't find a suitor to orchestrate a trade,
delist him now where going to do it at the end of next season anyway. Save time and develop a rookie in his spot. Cut our losses pay him out.

So you'd risk the label as a destination club because yoou don't like one player's work ethic? Superb decision, so some future super star has a choice between us and some loser club, and he thinks, now there's a club that treats their sincoming personnel with respect. I'm choosing them, and they go to the loser club because we threw some stuggling player out with the trash five years earlier.

So you'd risk the label as a destination club because yoou don't like one player's work ethic? Superb decision, so some future super star has a choice between us and some loser club, and he thinks, now there's a club that treats their sincoming personnel with respect. I'm choosing them, and they go to the loser club because we threw some stuggling player out with the trash five years earlier.

Tolerating underperformance in an organisation only makes it a "destination" for people who want to hide and slack off.

People with a strong work ethic would be attracted by strong performance management, not put off because the club was decisive about getting rid of someone who patently wasn't performing their role.

All that said, I'm completely confident in the club's decision-making; if they see upside in him and want to persevere, fine by me.

Personally I feel he's been terrible, but wouldn't have a clue about why or what to do about it. That's Clarko's job.

How are u risking the label of a destination club ? Any player even considering us will see he is not meeting the clubs standards. It will have 0 impact on there decision to join our great club..they will look at the success of gibbo,hale,lake etc and the team success over some guy with no ticker. You are simply delaying the inevitable decision which will come at the end of next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back